Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Frame Rate changes with no change to view?

Guest desmondw

Hi Folks, back to pick your brain's again, I recently landed at Darlington County jet port in South Carolina in the Sahara Airplane using Randall's superb TS'ed Fayetteville scenery. The airport at Darlington is not populated yet so there is no frame rate loading from that. My question is why would the frame rate change from about 20 fps to 6.7 fps & even to the dreaded 4 fps approx. with no change in the view. The battery power is off so there is no updating of the guages, the weather was a near cloudless sky. I have taken a snapshot of both conditions so I hope this will help.Thanks in advance for any idea's on where I should start looking to adjust to correct this problem.Desmond

Guest Fly II Pilot

Desmond,Take a close look at your 1024 texture slots. You'll see that in the 6.3 shot, Fly! is using two 1024x1024 textures while you only have one allocated in your render.ini, moreover, you should have one in the maxTextures1024 and one in the maxTextures1024_565 entries of your render.ini (which is really odd; I've never seen that myself).Do you have dynamic scenery enabled or FSImp running in the background?Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest desmondw

Hi Alejandro, Thankyou for your prompt reply. I have just checked my Render.ini file & I do only have one slot allocated for maxTextures1024. I don't have any line for maxTextures 1024_565, should I add one?Also should I up maxTextures 1024 to 2?I don't have FSImp running but I do have dynamic scenery running, I didn't notice any aircraft but I did not look at the map to see if there were any in the area.Here is a copy of my Render.ini file. I aprieciate the help.Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=1directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32_565=8maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=65maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=60maxTextures256_565=60maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=1maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=895maxTextures64=16maxTextures32=15[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0Desmond

Hi all!I have noticed this problem with dynamic scenery before. For some reason, Fly! II loads sometimes the highest res texture for some AI crafts. I have twice identified the Stearman around as the culrpit. We should verify this, but my impression is that only some plane create this problem.Cheers!Pascal

Guest Fly II Pilot

Desmond,If you have at least a 64Mb card, you may want to add the entry maxTextures1024_565=1 in your render.ini and see if the problem goes away.If you don't have a 64Mb card, you experience the same problem again, and you can see a dynamic aircraft, find out which is the aircraft you're having a problem with. Once identified you can a) create a low res texture or :( temporarily rename the aircraft's .POD to .PUD so Fly! doesn't "see" it.Hope this helps.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest desmondw

Alejandro, Thankyou for all your help. Unfortunately I only have a 32MB card so will look out for Aircraft in the area when it happens again. Particularly the Stearman!Desmond

Guest tonyc

Look also at the setting for medium texture and High texture in the scnenery option menu. These settings can make a big difference in fps.tony