Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

Elevation data Austria uploaded.

Guest Ideas

How did you import the SRTM Data? I Have GOOD data for Guam, but cannot figure out how to get it into TerraScene.

Guest spenik

Harald, this is outstanding! How did you get the elavation data for Austria?And those mounatins! I love those mountains! I can think of a few places where this sort of thing could really be usefull.Keep up the nice work! :-)

Guest Colins2

HaraldSuperb!Great Job :-)Colin

HiI have the same problems, so I did not use terrascene for elevations. To use SRTM-data in FlyII is pretty easy:1.) Download SRTM-data2.) Fill holes in SRTM-Data with SRTMFILL.exe (Freeware from 3dnature)(for viewing SRTM-data I recommend Microdem)3.) rename the output from SRTMFILL from .hgt to .ras4.) Start the editorfunction in fly2 (CTRL-E)and select import sceneryIf your subdirectory "data" contains the previous terrascened bitmaps, you get a scenery with elevation and road/railways.I am sure, there is a better way, but for me this procedure was straightforward enough.2 more hints: Before starting the editorfunction I removed all airports in the Area from the database, because I did not like those big automatically flattened areas around the airports in the valleys. The drawback is, I had to flatten them manually.I used "subdivide tolerance" 50 feet. I woul recommend 5 feet or less to avoid "holes".Harald

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Harald,first of all thank you very much for that outstanding scenery.I did not install it until now because I could not download austriawest.zip, I got the eastern part without problems. That's quite strange because there are more than 120 downloads for the western part indicated. Are there any known problems? I will try again and again ...But there is another questions left:I have already installed: - Helmut Mayers OE-OST mesh scenery - your Austrian Airfields V1.0, December 2002 - your Austrian airport sceneriesIs there anything to remove before installing your new mesh?Thank you for your answer!RegardsGeorg (EDDW)

Hi GeorgI do not know about any download problems.1.)My mesh replaces OE-OST - remove pod and scf-file.2.)Austrian Airfields adds only some runways and frequencies in the databases. It works with my mesh. To provide buildings at these Airports you must have the fs2002 payware "Austrian Airports" and convert them with FSIMP.3.)To use my airports, you only need the .pod files for them (LOAN, LOAB, LOAU, LOGF and LOGM) and the mesh- and scf-files for Austria-East and -West in your sceneryAustria folder.You can remove all other .pod-files and .scf-files that came with my sceneries and have been installed in the subdirectory Austria. (but keep my cars and gliders in the sceneryshared-folder)Also remove everything that came with my sceneries and was installed in datad......-folders.This makes 7 .pod-files and 2 .scf-files int he sceneryaustria-folder & 2 .pod-files in the sceneryshared-folder. Thats all thats necessary.I hope this helpsHarald

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Harald,thank you for your prompt reply. Now I know exactly what to remove manually, FLY!-POD-conflicts always give low frame-rates and strange results.Up to now I was not able to load Austria-West mesh. I also tried with Mozilla, but same result ("no such file"). All other files from AVSIM (ie the ROTW Flyhawk) could be loaded without any trouble.If that problem persists until tomorrow, I will ask the AVSIM people.But I regret not to have this wonderful scenery now!Best regardsGeorg (EDDW)

Guest Azzurro

Hi Fly!-ersI have the same problem : I could download the eastern part, not the Western one (this Wednesday morning - 10h UTC)Cheers

Guest Azzurro

>I have the same problem : I could download the eastern part,>not the Western one (this Wednesday morning - 10h UTC)Same problem today (thursday 15th) :-hmmm :( In fact, no file can be downloaded from Avsim at this time (11h00 UTC)A consolation, however, the east part looks fine, and the small austrian airports are cute :*

Hi I solved this problem with the AVSIM administrators by uploading Austria West again and on my computer the download works now.Attention: there are now 2 Austria West, use the newer one, because the old still won't work. The old version will be removed soon (I asked AVSIM to do this)Harald

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi all,could download without problem now (newer upload Austria West).Thank you, HaraldRegardsGeorg (EDDW)