Sign in to follow this  

R/B 3D experiments best depth of view is obtained at 6

I have found that the 3D driver seems to want to work best at 640X480.I know a lot of you run your resolutions in 3D at a much higher rate than this, and would never consider running 3D at such a low resolution.I found the lower the resolution the greater the depth of view, and FS2002 is far the better running at 640X480, at least with the Red/ Blue glasses. Having higher resolutions, to see another depth you have to refocus on it at higher resolutions, but in 640X480 things are so much better.I would suggecst if people want 3D to work at it's best you need to use the driver at 640X480.There is a relationship with death of view and resolution. I tried MSTS in 640X480, and better than twice the depth of view that 800X600 had, as in this resolution I did have to refocus for different depths, but in 640X480 was a total transformation alltogether.I think the NVIDIA 3D driver is really designed to work at it's best at 640X480, and experiments do show this to be true, at least with the R/B glasses.Even though your running at 640X480, when viewing in 3D it does not seem you really are, and the resolution seems to look at bit higher than at 640X480 in 2D mode.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!