Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Help for Kitty Hawk terrascene

Guest lucizeta

Dear friends,I have download fast all terrascene of Randall for FLY!II and now I am installing it.I have enought installed successfully 6 scenery ( Sedona, Phoenix, Charlotte, Fontana, Knoxville, Bayboro ) with terrascene and they looks VERY GREAT!!!Many thanks to Randall!!Today I have installed Kitty Hawk but when I go in this area I have error and stop of programm:C3DModel::load - Can't open: DFFA0740.SMFFile SMODEL.CPPLine 3701I have installed 2 file KittyHawk, scf and POD, in kittyhawk-202-155 folder in scenery folder.I make one errors?I thank you in advance for help.With best wishes.Luciano

Luciano,I believe this error relates to the airport scenery of Wayne Roberts not existing in your installation. Wayne created a TerraModels version of First Flight Airport (KFFA) at Kitty Hawk. At the time I generated the TerraScenery for that area I already had Wayne's KFFA scenery in my system. Though I am usually very careful to protect against this happening, I apparently accidentally included a reference from that scenery in the TerraScene pod.If this is indeed related to the airport, the easiest way to get around the problem would be to download and install the KFFA scenery. If you haven't already done so, you will need to add the TerraModels texture pack to your Fly!II installation - any other requirements for the scenery should be included in the instructions that come with Wayne's scenery. I believe that once KFFA is installed, you should be able to use the scenery normally and receive no more errors.I'm sorry for this oversight on my part! :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest lucizeta

Randallmany thanks for your help!I have installed FFA of Robert Waine and now all is OK!Now I can finish installation of your big and beautiful work!Thanks!Luciano

You're quite welcome - it's good to have the problem clarified.

Randall Rocke