Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Staggerwing PB1 repaint in progress

Hi folks,Just to keep you informed.Still a lot to do, but the outside is getting finished.Special thanks to Jean Sabatier for his great support.RegardsLeenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59871.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59872.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest spenik

That looks great Leen! I like that Spinner! Makes the plane look more rugged. ;-)I knowticed that the roundles are different on the top of the wing then on the bottom, is their a reson for that?Do you supose their might be a mac version of the Staggerwing with floats? Would be nice to see an amipbian for Fly!II besides the Stearman.Keep that paint brush going Leen! :-waveRob

Guest swathdiver

How about a Grumman Mallard?Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi Rob,Yes..... the roundels.That`s a little problem for me.There are no pictures available showing the roundels.I would like to know wich roundels to use and how.Maybe there is a roundel-expert who can help me?????RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest spenik

Hay, Yeah that would do it! In fact that would be great! Is it allready in the making, or a projected posiblity?Those are raidial pistons arn't they? Ooh what fun! I must say I like having n aircraft like the Staggerwing that takes alittle coaxing to get started. ;-)Rob

Another radial-engined plan???A Grumman???I am afraid not.( as far as I know)This PB1 is just another re-paint.Jean Sabatier modified the model for me, to make painting the way I wanted, possible.The 3D model is unchanged.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest swathdiver

I think a Mallard would be a great project. Radials sound great, many G73s have PT6s too and that interior is drop dead gorgeous! I've really taken a liking to the Beech Staggerwing, it's delayed my Florida Terrascene project! Free time limited, I'd be happy to help if the team considers it. I was going to attempt it last year but after the Pilatus re-paint my wife and kids gave me the evil eye and threatened bodily harm if I did it again! What can I say, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to that stuff!JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi folks ,About the roundels.I did some more homework and I can tell , the roundels are OK.It`s weird but the roundels on upper and undewing are not the same.They (sometimes) removed the white from the uper roundels duringWW2 , in order to reduce visabillity from above.On the other hand , the red,white and blue roundel often became a yellow outher circle to enhanche visibillity on dark surfaces.Ohhhhhh..........English roundels.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints