Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

where is palma de majorca?

I downloaded Lennart's scenery for Palma de Mallorca for Fly2k and installed it. In the flight planner, I entered LEPA in the ICAO section- no recognition. I tried airport name, and it was recognized.I hit the FLY button, but the textures are the Ground Control ones. Also, the airport in the map view is LESJ, not LEPA. I slew around, go to the islands of Ibiza and Menorca, but no special textures there either.So where is the airport Lennart is referring to?Any ideas?Eytan

Guest jomar111

eytan,palma de mallorca is located in the western part of the mediteranian sea one fourth the way from France to Africa, the code for Palma de Mallorca is LESJ if you take off from Barcelona (LEBL) and head 160-165 degrees, you'll get there, I'll check the download and see whats up w/ itromanjomar111http://fly.simvol.org/logoperso/roman.jpg

There's some confusion here. MSFS airport directory shows LESJ as San Juan airport in another part of Spain.In any case, placing my plane in FLY on the island of Mallorca (or Majorca) does not show Lennart's textures.Eytan

Guest Colins2

Eytan,I remember some interest on this subject a while ago.Out of curiosity, I did dome searching and found these:LESJ Palma de Mallorca Son San Juan Airbase.LEPA Palma de Mallorca Son San JuanBoth have DAFIF entries, althiugh the link to LEPA was unavailable so I couldn't check the lat/long etc.Most travel pages list Palma as PMI/LEPA.Some photo galleries list LESJ for Palma airport.Confused? - you will be.My guess is that maybe LESJ is a military code for Palma and LEPA is the civilian one. Either that or the Spanish authorities changed the code. I couldn't find any entry for LESJ on mainland Spain.Maybe Fonchy can answer if he reads this?CheersColin

Whaetever the proper name is irrelevant. I think we can agree it's the island of Mallorca. If all the relevant Lennart epd/scf files are sitting in my scenery folder, I still can't see the replacement textures.No such problem with dozens of scenery files I've installed over the years.EytanLLHA

Eytan,I don't know what the problem is - I can verify that this is a great scenery package and that it works like a charm. Here are a few things to check out:--Are you running this scenery in the Fly!2KScenery folder or on a separate drive? I have this and other special sceneries on a separate drive to facilitate performance. Because I also have Fly!II on that drive, I had renamed the old scenery folder to keep it from conflicting with Fly!II. When I first went back and started up Fly!2K to check on this scenery, it didn't load either - then I remembered I had changed the folder name. I changed it back to Scenery and it worked.--Do you have anything loading out of the data folder for the same global tile which may over-ride the pods?--There should be 4 files - 2 SCF and 2 EPDs--One of the files may have been corrupted in the download - you might want to redownload themI hope you can get it working - this shot over LESJ:

Randall Rocke

Randall,I wish I could capture your screenshot above in my FLY sim...I deleted the Mallorca scenery, redownloaded it and installed it in my FKY!2K scenery library. There are four files sitting in a mallorca folder. But once again, going to Palma de Mallorca airport shows the Ground Control textures. Can't figure out why! I have Lennart's Norway mountain scenery installed, and it shows up in its full glory.I do not have FLY!2 on my pc.STOP PRESS!!Eureka! I had the Iberia epd file (elevations only) sitting in my Maps folder. After I deleted it, the Mallorca Lennart textures showed up! Alright.!Now, how can I have the Iberia elevations back again without suppressing the Mallorca files?Any ideas?Eytan

Eytan,There must be elevation data in the Iberia pod that cover some of the same tiles as the Mallorca pod. I'm afraid the answer for coexistance might be complicated, as it would probably involve removing conflicting elevations from one data set and putting it in the other, then repodding.

Randall Rocke