Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

A nice flight from KPBI to FayetteNam.... CTDT!!!

Guest swathdiver

Enjoying my new Turtle Beach sound card and no more "Squeal of Death" crashes when flying jets and its happened again. Not the same way of course. Level flight at 41000 just passed the Kennedy Space Center in tile 198.149. Error message said cannot load texture Data199148fulltex.raw file not found texture.cpp line 1376. I think this is odd since I overflew that area minutes before, it's in another tile with only a spit of land rendered along the beach in Jupiter area over 100 miles away when the crash occured. Any ideas? Another airport issue?JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest swathdiver

Again last night. Went Mach2 in the Euro- had to slow to Mach 1.4 to keep the electrical system working! CTDT somewhere in South Carolina, same type error as before, looking for .raw file in a tile I'd already flown past. Any ideas? Wayne? Randall?James Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

James,I've been all over that area and never had a problem. Did you, by any chance, switch to an outside view just before the crash? Crashes with Fly!II are a very rare occurrance for me now - the most common is caused by a "look-back" or switch-over to an outside view such as the "observer camera" (Ctrl-4). Some areas simply cannot handle that look back over an area just flown and I'm thrown to the desktop.If I go back and make the same flight and don't use that camera in that area, I don't crash. If I do it again and use that view in the same spot, I crash.My theory on this is that as Fly!II moves the simulation along it loads and unloads the global tiles and their textures. If you switch to a view that instantly looks back over an area where the sim has just dumped the textures, it crashes. I can't think of any other reason for this to happen. However, there is no error message when this happens. One moment you're just flying along and the next your deposited on the desktop.It's been a long time since I've seen the "unable to load texture" warning, and that was usually due to a render.ini setting.

Randall Rocke