Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

SquawkBox 3.1 in active Beta testing

Guest roland_lfor

Hi folks,Just to inform you that after a month a hard work and the help of Lefteris, the 3.1 version is currently under beta testing (with of course lots of bugs ;-)I Hope to release during March with all detected problems corrected.Here is a short modification list (comments & suggestions are welcome):Multiplayer Aircrafts:----------------------- Reactivated the CSL Aircraft model loading from the received CSL type (if exists in sbox folder).- The real heading / bank / pitch angles are now used and set to the aircrafts at each refresh position time.- A simple interpolation is made beetween actual / last position to estimate a vertical speed. Then a rotation matrix is computed to affect a ground + vertical vector speed to the aircraft whatever its own 3 angles are.- Fixed the aircraft type we send following the other players requests (was not the CSL ~TYPE)- Fixed the 3 angles (pitch, bank, heading) send to the server for our own aircraft.Voice support & ATC:--------------------- Added automatic voice ATC switching (RogerWilco & TeamSpeak clients) - Added a fixed UNICOM freq in ATC directory. (active at launch time)Fly! Cockpit-------------- The real transponder mode is now catched fom the Cockpit xpdr button on Fly! panel (STDB, A,C). I beleive it does not work if you don't have the last patch 240. (that was an existing function from Lefteris - commented)- You can now select an ATC freq directly on the cockpit radio 1 standby freq, then when you pass it to the active freq, ATC & voice client will be switched automatically (if freq is recognised as a reachable ATC).Weather :---------- Each 5 minutes, ask METAR weather from the nearest airport if available and pass it in Fly! weather.- Added .mt special command to request METAR for a specified airport.Flight Plan :-------------- SquawkBox FPL is now automatically filled from the Fly! FPL (if exists)- Also the speed, altitude, current time and estimated time are filled- Fixed the cause of "You are not allowed to multicast" message from Ivao servers at FPL sending time.

Roland,The list of improvements is quite impressive! Congratulations!Now I'm eager to try online flying again! I'm very curious about the fluidity of the other aircrafts movement, because that was a very week point with the TRI server: no interpolation at all! And if I read well, some interpolation is computed? Never tried other SB versions, but now have to give it a try! My ADSL provider will soon double the banwidth: 300kb > 600kb! Should be enough!For anyone interested, if you are afraid to start with Vatsim or IVAO, the site http://www.x-plane.org has put up a server for SquawkBox. X-Plane has now it's SB (still in beta). Of course we can Fly! on this server as well! And you're just free to fly the way you want. Maybe no controllers there though. I think I will start there just to meet people and have a nice time. It's cool to think that we can now fly in the same virtual world with three major flight sims!Thanks Roland and Cheers to all!

Guest Eagle

It is good to know that another version of SquawkBox is on the way and will correct problems that presently exist.IVAO is a good place to practice on-line flying. Most of their controllers are in foreign countries.

Guest andrewluck

RolandDo you need another tester?RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest roland_lfor

It could be interesting, and very interesting if you fly frequently on Vatsim network.Please send me an e-mail.Bye

Guest andrewluck

RolandSent you a private message as I don't have your emailRegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest dajackman

Sounds like you and crew have been busy. Thanks for your effort.I have had a question that I haven't been able to get answered. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. I have been dreaming of a way to have a vatsim type network for only users of the Fly2! sim. I have sent a few emails asking were can I get the server software, but haven't had any luck. I think this would give us a wonderful alternative to the Tri server (that doesn't work.) Do you have any idea how I could go about this. Thanks.

Guest roland_lfor

oups .. I thaught you can get it from my avsim profile...here is it : rolby@tele2.fr

Guest roland_lfor

Hi dajackmanI'm not sure it's a good idea to leave the Ivao or Vatsim network to create our own.The Fly! network community is quite small to maintain softwares & servers stuffs, and I like the idea of flying with all the other Simmers from MSFS, XPlane, PS or wathever, without any differences, and I'm happy to see their plane by the window.A we say in France, the more we are, the more we laugh !Anyway, You'll never be able to get the Vatsim or Ivao server softwares, as they are under License and protocol is confidential.But why don't you come and fly with us :-)Regards

Guest andrewluck

RolandYour profile is disabled!RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH