Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Co-operation between ROTW and F2FDesign

Guest CaptainJ

From one thread on AVSIM, it began... F2FDesign Group and our friends, the French design group, ROTW - are pleased to announce an agreement to work together on a joint effort for the enjoyment of the Fly! Community. We share the same goals - that of providing quality Freeware aircraft for Terminal Reality, Inc.'s Fly! II. From the above mentioned thread, a search was conducted to locate the design members for the Fly! II versions of the Gates Learjet and Piper Seneca V. After about one month, F2FDesign / ROTW are pleased to announce that we have secured the interests in these two projects, and will be bringing both aircraft to the Fly! II community in the near future. ROTW and F2FDesign are very happy to have been given this opportunity. We wish to thank here publicly, Mr. Rob Young - well known for his v.88 aircraft for the original Fly! flight models - and Mr. Andrew Farnaby - original 3D model designer for both aircraft, for graciously providing their permissions to take on these two projects. We also thank Mr. Peter Sidoli for his permission to use the Seneca V, N95D. Without their trust and support, these would not have been realized. Gentlemen, Thank You! In a wonderful development, we are also pleased to announce the return of Mr. Peter Sidoli to the Fly! Family. As most know, Peter is a real-world pilot - having flown N95D Seneca V, which the Seneca project is based on. Now, with the permissions in place, development work will continue, and Peter is able to once again lend his experience (he has around 2000 hours on Type with the Seneca, and is also a Citation Jet pilot) to the Seneca project (and hopefully - the Learjet project!) as our flight tester. ROTW and F2FDesign will continue to work on and bring you our own projects as well. Look for the AS-365 Dauphin helicopter and variants, the ATR-42 and even more aircraft, plus sceneries and airports in the future. For updates on any project's progress, you can visit ROTW at http://fly.simvol.org , F2FDesign at http://www.f2fdesign.com and FlyDevelopers at http://flydevelopers.com. <- temporarly to be found on http://www.flyiideveloper.comHope this brings some enjoyment within the community! :) Cheers Ken, for all your efforts... ;)

JarnoThat's too many good news in one thread, my eyes are blinking, can't believe all this good stuff, how fun the next Fly!II year will be!Thanks, thanks to all those involved in those wonderful projects!Pascal

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you Jarno,Ken , Alex, Jan, Harry, Dan, Steve,And R.O.T.W.For your contuined efforts to make this sim keep growingWithout you all, this sim would not grow And also ThanksFor Makeing the temporary change to the flydevelopers.com Web siteI hope to post it there as soon as it is up & RunnungJeffhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewja.jpg

Guest jomar111

A union made in hevean! ROTW & F2F rule!!!!very cool! Many thanks to you all!Hoorah, Tally-ho!!!roman

That's incredible gooood news indeed! :-jumpy Thank's to all of you envolved, and of course to Rob Young, Andrew Farnaby and Peter Sidoli. It's great to see Peter jump on board again! Maybe we'll get to see some of his fantastic "real life shots" again.I loved them!Keep on Fly!ing,Rodger :-)Acoustic Rock & Pop from Germanyhttp://rodgerchristmann.com

Guest chezz

This is a good news. Thanks ROTW, F2Fdesign and to all who are involved in keeping FLY alive. I guess we have to give some token to this wonderful FLYers.chris_CA

Fantastic to hear that contact and cooperation has been made with some of the original Fly designers. And what better collaboration than between F2F and ROTW. I can't wait to see the fruits of their labour. In some way I feel guilty in benefiting from such efforts without much return, but if appreciation is worth anything then you have tons from me.I can forsee that MSFS may well see its crown stolen by these galant efforts. And, speaking as a real world trainee pilot and FS enthusiast, so it should.Ken Brand:-beerchug

Congratulations to one and all for pulling this off - the Seneca alone will be an outstanding addition to the Fly! stable and has been long-anticipated!

Randall Rocke

Hi FLY!'ers,No pun intended! :^)Just want to say THANKS!!!! I can't wait to see all the great stuff for FLYII this partnership will produce. I love this Sim!Thanks to all who are helping keep FLY! alive and well. AND we all know it is the best Flight Sim there is!Earl BuiceDawsonville, GA USA

Guest Mats_Frisk

:-jumpy Best news in a very long time!Thank You all, who makes this possible!Mats

Wonderful news, I can't wait to get my hands on the Seneca let alone the others. Curious if anyone has their hands on the TBM Tampico that PMDG was working on? Would also love to see that come to light someday. Anyway still flying FlyII as well as FS2k4.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888