Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Plotting Table III

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Images from the last plotting table I'll post as soon as AVSIM library will be ready foe upload.The main goal is to display one IFR training track with approach vectors as described in officials maps.See included GIFs.Cheers,LaurentC (rotw)

Guest Jake

Laurent - I think it is a great addition. I used to use it in another sim and missed it when I started using FLYII. I use it to check my skills in the Holding Pattern as well as other manuvers.Thanks for your efforts.Jake

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,first I have to thank you very much for that wonderful tool I use to train my IFR skills. I used Plotting Table from the first version and you improved it very much.But for Version IV (if any) I have two wishes (3 said the fee - or how was the story?):1. Let us save und load the data-sets(=recorded flightpaths) with a name we can select.2. Give us the possibility to load a second (or more?) data-set of the same region and display all loaded data-sets, each with another color.Whats the reason for that? I actually get data-sets from a German FLY!-friend, a skilled (Sim) IFR pilot together with a description of the flight I should do. So we give all those data-sets own names and rename them manually to load into Plotting Table and have a look at it before practising. Afterward I add my recorded data-set to the "reference-set" (just paste it in with notepad) and have a look how BAD I was this time. That should help me to improve my skills. All that manual editing and renaming could be avoided if you give us this 2 new functions (might not be too complicated, I say as a Delphi programmer). And if we could have different colour for data-set 1 and 2, I would be lucky!Thank you very much in advance, my third wish for the fee would be a long and happy life for all ROTW-people!RegardsGeorg, EDDW

Guest laurentC

Hi All,I'll keep in mind Georg ideas for fifth release since the fourth is still ready : I'll send third one right now and fourth after a debug round : the fourth one gets some altitude data display...CheersLaurent

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Laurent,thank you very much in advance! And altitude data display - I didn't even dare to ask for that. Wonderful!We all hope AVSIM library will be online soon again.Georg (EDDW)

Guest laurentC

Hi all,As the avsim library is always down, I'll send to you the links where you can download the PLOTTING TABLE III and as a bonus two data sets for the rotw moving map cockpit displays (rotw 230 and 350) : USA east and west coast : http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/PlottingTable-e.zip (363)http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/USA_West_Coast.zip (259)http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/USA_East_Coast.zip (1.22 Mo)Obviously, as soon as the library will be on again I will send those files to avsim.*****************************************************************************Here is a summary of the new plotting table feature :RIVERS & COAST ROTW DATA VIEWERPLUS USER TRACE(tested with XP and NVIDIA GeForce MX 420 3d video card)Rotw february 2004 ©- PlottingTable.exe- PlottingTableDLL.dllAs a stand alone program, PlottingTable.exe displays the area covered by both world_coast.dat and rivers.dat data files for ROTW_230 and 350 moving map models.This little exe reads data from the fly data folder, so you need to have those files in your data folder otherwise you'll see nothing. Please, note that PlottingTable.exe has to be placed in the main Fly!II root.Bottom and right sliders are used to lat and lon displacement, while left one is used as a zoom factor.The second usage of this little exe is when you've recorded aircraft position during a flight (see below the way to do that).If you have prepared a __PlottingTable.dat file in your "data" folder with all the points of a flight, you can see the flight trace, zooming in that area or using the special "user" button to be centered automatically.The __PlottingTable.dat in Fly! can be prepared using the main menu banner "plugins" (rightmost banner position).You just need to select 1NM or 5NM as a distance delay between two points : if you intend to have a long flight it's wise to select 5, while 1NM is more accurate if you just need to have IFR exercices.Having selected a distance, the selection window disappears and the record mode starts. As you can notice this dll is really fps friendly tuned. When switched on, you have almost no visible drop in fps, while in idle mode the dll has no real action over fps. So you can always keep this dll in your modules/pc folder.When your flight is over, or when you are done with your ifr exercices, just call again the "plugin" menu and disable the recorder.If you look at the file __PlottingTable.dat in your "data" folder you'll find position and altitude data.The third usage is to have a trace of the flight with SID or STAR chart or a IFR exercise area :With the xml file (IFR_EXERCISES.xml) you can prepare up to 100 navaids, relative waypoints from navaids, user waypoints from coordinates, all with QDM and QDR, or holding patterns. ***************************************************************************************NAVAID :*************************************************************************************** EYWVORKEY WEST20060***************************************************************************************HOLDING PATTERN :*************************************************************************************** MTHNDBMARATHON20 HIPPRIGHT1.0220Type : HIPP for holding patternTurn : left or rightTRI : time on the QDM circuit lineIAS_MAX : value used to get the QDM circuit line lenght***************************************************************************************DISTANCE AND HEADING POINT FROM NAVAID :*************************************************************************************** PHKVORPAHOKEE342342 RELY74.0342.0***************************************************************************************COORDINATES POINT :*************************************************************************************** ****BAIRN342342 COORN-27*56.86W-81*06.92***************************************************************************************As examples you'll get :- EUG NDB approach - KEY WEST IFR exercise area - ORLANDO STAR GOOFY TWOJust click IFR in the main window to see the details.