Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Latest Nvidia driver.... 56.64..........Observations.

G'day Tony,I tried turning on AGP fast writes but it made no difference to the fps! Weird eh? So I disabled it again.By the way ever since I reinstalled the 45.23 driver I've had no ctd's. Yet! :-)cheers, Roger @YSSY

I also get that dreaded 'DirectX6 Driver Error' message after I installed the latest driver for win 2000. FLY!2K loads up to the panel view and then freezes up.How do I get the older driver back?Eytan@2.4 GhzGeForce 2 MX 200 64 MB30 GB hd512 DDRWindows 2000 Pro

G'day Eytan,Good news... when you installed the new 56.64 drivers it only uninstalls the older driver but leaves all the old driver files still on your hard disk. So reinstallation is a breeze. As I'm using win 98 just check using explorer and make sure that you have the old driver files C:nvidia(name of the old driver). within that folder should be a file called "setup".The process is this.1. uninstall the new driver.2. reboot computer3. install the old driver4. reboot computer.1. to uninstall the new driver go to my computercontrol paneladd remove programshighlight "Nvidia display driver"click on the add/Remove button.this will remove the 56.64 driverYou must now reboot your computer to complete the uninstall.2. As the computer reboots widows will automatically apply the generic standard VGA adaptor for your video card.3. Make sure that you have no TSR's (virus checkers etc)running in the background and run the "setup" file in the folder of your old driver. This will reinstall the old driver. At the end of the setup you will be asked to reboot your computer again to complete the installation.Now all should be well once more with Fly!2K. Even though Fly! II is my main sim I occasionally jump into Fly!2K just to remember the exhilaration of zooming through the best clouds EVER!Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Colins2

G'day Roger,I'm always here :-)I browse these forums at least once every day, if not more.I just haven't found anything to post about recently.It's great to see the new models coming out and the re-paints, but to be honest, they are not my interest.Strictly personally, I have no interest whatsoever in 'heavies'. Give me a tail dragger or seaplane any day :-)I'm now looking forward to the Seawind.TerraShape is still being tweaked and refined but there's nothing much very new in there since the last upload.I'm working on a new utility now to manipulate dem info, but it's not ready for release at the moment.I can't answer your questions about taxi lights, unfortunately, but hopefully someone else will jump in here.I read that you had retired - I hope you are managing to fill your time? :-)CheersColin

G'day Collin,> Give me a tail dragger or seaplane any day :-)>I'm now looking forward to the Seawind.>I read that you had retired - I hope you are managing to fill>your time? :-)Not enough hours in a day! :-) I've got plenty to keep me going- She who must be obeyed has a list of jobs to do around the house that keeps getting longer every day :-lolSpeaking of seaplanes we have just booked a holiday in Fiji and we have a seaplane transfer out to the island resort. It will be either a Beaver or a Cessna floatplane (not sure which - depends on number of pax I guess) and I'm really looking forward to it though as I haven't yet had a water flight. Anyway lots of pics will be the order of the day and maybe I'll get motivated to try and do something for Fly! II. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY