Sign in to follow this  
Didier

SIDSTAR, VOLNAV, PMDG ....

Some news from ROTWYou can download on Simvol (and asap on Avsim when the library will be avalaible)All SID & STAR from DAFIF (Airac 0403) for VolNavAll SID & STAR from DAFIF (Airac 0403) for PMDG aircraft for Fly!II : 757 and 777These data will be updated monthly !New version of VolNAv needed for SID/STAR and with new functionality : you can add your own point calculated form a station with radil and distnce, or two stations with radial.Help still in french for these files and soon in english on Avsim.For SIDSTAR just put data in ...Fly!IIPMDG or ...Fly!IISIDSTAR for VolNav :)DidierROTW team

Guest bigun

Didier,I downloaded the SID/Star data but how do I install it? I'm kind of new to Fly II and would appreciate the help.Thanks in advance,George Stoddard

It's very simple : create a directory called PMDG in your FlyII directory and unzip all files (only those from PMDG_0403)If you want to use VolNav you need a directory SIDSTAR in in your FlyII directory !Have funDidierROTW

Guest cord

Hi Didier,I downloaded all NAV PODS of 0403 and installed them, then I downloaded the SID/STAR for PMDG and installed them in the folder PMDG.After starting FMC of the 757 I noticed some new SID and STAR for some airports, but there for some I got the info "NAVAID ... not found".I removed all old flightplans, started again and received again the message.Do I need additional DEX files ?Cord

You do not need additional fixes. To avoid this problem I create a FIX in each flight plan for each waypoint or navaid. So you do not "need" any pod ;)May be a bug in my convertor:-(. Tell me the name of the airport and the navaid name.DidierROTW

Guest cord

Hi Didier,I triedEDDHEDDWEDDVreceiving error messages.Thanks in advance for checking.Cord

Hello CordI tried EDDH and EDDV and didn't get any error messages. But EDDW is not in my work so I think you forgot old SID/STAR. Please try again by cleaning (= destroying but save before ;-)) any SIDSTAR in your PMDG directory.RegardsDidierROTW

Guest cord

Hello Didier,u are right EDDW is not yours.I tried today again and received meesages likeEDDS syntax errorEDDH BKD7A syntax erroror error 52, in line ... and it is N52 degrees and correct.I think your data is right converted, but what is my FMC doing ?Is this a known bug ?Many airports are ok.Cord

Hello CordI noticed duplicate lines :- in EDDH lines 52 and 53 (FIX WSR)- in EDDS lines 44 and 45 (FIX TGO)May be this the reason why you have error messages. Try to delete one of these lines with an editor like notepad.My email is didier@simvol.org : if you send me yours I can send you right files.DidierROTW