Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

November3024Zulu.............tricky weather for solo

Congratulations David,Had a couple of hours free so I decided to celebrate your achievement with a repaint. If you would like this one in your hangar email me.rogermaz@idx.com.au1. On top of cloud nine2. Downwind leg3. Base leg4. On final approach.Enjoy the pics.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest chezz

Roger,Nice pix. When will this scenery be available for download?chris_CA

G'day Chris,Unfortunately Chris the gods of the Internet have decreed that this is probably never likey to happen, due to the way in which I overcame the swamp that is YSSY in Fly! II. Basically what I did was to remove the complete tile that Sydney is on from the COAST.pod file and then use Terrashape/turboCad/ to produce shapefiles that I used in Terrascene and along with Ground Transformer to make a new tile. The file size would be about 450 MB and I'm just a dialup modem user.I don't have a CD burner; my old one was a total disaster. If (when) I get a new CD burner I will post and ask if anyone is interested. I did this about a year ago and sent off a few CD's but it wasn't successful. The CD burner..Iomega..didn't produce compatible CD's.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Colins2

G'day Roger,What you could do is to make available the lines files you mention.The GTP file is quite small and shapefiles generally compress quite well.While you probably couldn't put together the same sort of pack the Randall has done in the past (due to upload speed etc.) you could greatly assist anyone who wanted to make Sydney Fly!able.They wouldn't even need TerraShape and a CAD program, just TerraScene would do. :-)CheersColin

G'day Steve,It's only a tiff file to be placed in the art folder. You will need the original p28 aircraft pod by ROTW. Can't upload to library as I didn't get ROTW permission. I don't have your email address so could you please email me and I'll send you the tiff file.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

>G'day Colin,I don't think I explained too well how I cured the watery runway problem>What you could do is to make available the lines files you>mention.Yes I can send the *tsp and *trp and all the shapefiles so that the user can use terrascene to generate the tile 107102 BUT>The GTP file is quite small and shapefiles generally compress>quite well.I didn't modify the v107102.gtp file! I completely removed it from coast.pod Coast.pod is over 200Mb so the user would have to do this himself. So the user would have to know his way around the Fly!II editor to creat a response file extract all files from the pod. Then remove V107102.gtp from the response file and repod coast.pod. There's also the problem of fixing the runway/taxiway/navaids. To be honest I can't remember exactly how I did this. I know I used deximport and tried several dex files. I think Danny Vickers created the dex files.There,s also a little work to be done using Elronds Ground Transformer. >you could greatly assist anyone who wanted to make Sydney>Fly!ableYes but I'm no expert!!! I can't guarantee I can cure all problems that may arise.Anyone out there who really wants to have this scenery if you email me I will email you the files needed by Terrascene. I'd be only too happy to help to the limits of my ability. You must however be prepared to do a bit of file manipulation.I just feel that the average user wouldn't cope with all the tweaking and goings on necessary to get this scenery up and running.The final product on a cd is the ONLY viable means of distribution. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Great work on the plane, Roger! Very nicely done!If worse came to worse, could always attempt to send the necessary files - create a How-to (writing, ugh!) explaining as best you can how to go about the ground transforming. Was Elrond's program overly difficult to understand? With ROTW's PODCreator, repodding isn't difficult. The DEX files should work fairly painlessly. Then, one of us with broadband could try to get it up and running and then post to AVSIM on your behalf. :-)I'm willing to give it a try, if you wouldn't mind beta testing my Seawind... ;-)Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,The beauty of Fly! II is that it has all the tools necessary for the production of scenery freely available.The drawback is that file sizes have escalated through the roof :-)First things first. I would kill to beta test the Seawind :-).Please email me asap...:-jumpyThanks for the offer to help with the scenery. I really appreciate it as it will make it available to anyone who wants it. I'll start writing a simple( :-)) "how to" and email it to you to read and if you think it's a goer I'll send you the files required.BTW Elronds program is a snack to use.Thanks for the kind words on the repaint.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Steve Brown

Many thanks Roger!Over and out...Steve

Hi Roger, Drop me an email via my profile... One zipfile ready for delivery (approx. 2.4mb).Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest rene_35

Hi Roger,no problem to upload your repainted PA28.We wait for her...:-) Ren

G'day Rene, Thanks for the permission but to be honest I really never meant this to be an upload to the library. It is just a very quick repaint for David to commemorate his solo! flight and to keep as a personal momento. With your kind permission I will refine the repaint and go ahead and upload.Many thanks,Roger @YSSY