Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

fulltex3.raw error

Guest swathdiver

Hello Fellas, Home with a bad foot today and decided to take a nice high speed flight from PBI to PNS. Just after I passed TLH the sim CTDT with the following error:datad196149fulltex3.rawJamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest swathdiver

Wayne, Randall any ideas fellas?JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Eagle

James, I thought someone would have responded to your question. I would suggest that you look in the data folder and see if the file is there. It has to be part of a scenery file.

Guest tonyc

I am not an expert in scenery, but it sounds like it'slooking for a file that isn't there. This type of file is usually associated with a scenery file that comes in pod and data format. You probably failed to install this file in the data file number..datad196149. Check right in this folder and see if that file name is there. If not, it must be in some zip file that you unzipped. Keep in mind that sometimes the way a file is unzipped, it creates a folder in a folder, which is not correct for FLY's data path. Hope ;this gives you something to start with.tony

James,Global tile 196,149 is mainly water, except for the NW quarter tile, which covers a small corner of land in NW Florida near Cross City. The fulltex3.raw file is usually created in TerraScenery - it probably won't show in your data directory (you may not even have a D196149 subdirectory showing), as it is probably "embedded" in a TerraScene POD file holding the scenery for that area. If you have a TS pod for that area of Florida, I'm guessing that the data the file is referring to is either missing or corrupt in TerraScenery for that area.Open the TS POD for that area of Florida with Podview - scan down to the very end of the list of files in the pod (all of which take the place of being listed in the data directory directly). You should find a group of four fulltex files: fulltex1,2,3, & 4 in ACT, OPA, and RAW forms - all of these should be listed for the D196149 subdirectory of DATA.The fulltex RAW files should all be 262,144 in size - is this file truncated in any way? If you cannot see anything amiss, it may simply be corrupted. If you are the creator of the scenery, you may want to rerender the area and replace the pod - then try to fly the route again. I'm not an expert on the purposes of each of these file types - someone like Colin may be able to provide some insight.

Randall Rocke

Guest Fly II Pilot

James,This has happened to me randomly while flying around a large Terrascened area. In my case it was around Caribou, Maine and I have almost the entire state Terrascened. I checked to see if the file was there and it certainly was.I suspect it has to do with Fly! II exceeding the number of files loaded but that's just my guess. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done. Sorry,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Colins2

Emphasis on the 'may' here :-)The fulltex files are not TerraScene files, they are created by the slicing process after all the ground tile images.They are a very dumbed down and compressed image of each 1/4 Globe Tile,i.e. a mosaic of all the ground tiles in that 1/4 tile.AFAIK they are used by Fly!2 (only) to provide 'far distance' textures.I had problems with these when writing terrain-fixer some time back.In the end, I just removed them from the pod altogether.If a file is in the pod index, then it must exist uncorrupted within that pod or another that is loaded. If it is corrupt or not present then Fly! will crash with that error.Models etc. can exist in another pod but I don't think scenery files can.Unfortunately, I don't know of a 'quick fix' :-(The best idea would be to contact the author and ask if he/she has problems.The slicing/podding process 'should' be automatic and include all necessary files without any user input.Maybe the author did some hand-editing and missed a file somewhere.The first step is as Randall says, use Podview to see if the file is actually there.There should be 4 sets of 3 fulltex files for a complete globe tile, each of the fulltex files having 3 extensions RAW, ACT and OPA.Good LuckColin