Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Remove file from POD

Hi,is there a tool to remove (not extract) a file from a .POD-file without unpodding/repodding ?thanksHarald

Guest Colins2

Harald,I believe that there is a tool in the file manager to do that, but I'm not 100% sure.Colin

Guest tonyc

i believe there's is a tool, too. I'll look for it.tony

G'day all,I don't think there is a tool. Sure would have come in handy for removing v107102.gtp from coast.pod though. :-) The cleaning up of all the files from the directories after podding can be a pain in the neck. The best way to avoid that is not to use any of the fly! II directories. Create new directories so that when you are finished you can simply delete the directories and contents.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Guys,>>>>>The cleaning up of all the files from the directories after podding can be a pain in the neck.<<<<<<< you wrote.Podding and re-poddings seems to be a problem for many, but it should not.In fact I can be done very simple and in a very short time.Let me tell you how I handle this.1 create a new folder on your dektop.( lets call it PODFOLDER)2 place the pod file you want to change in this folder.3 now simply unpod the POD with PodView4 remove the original POD from the PODFOLDER. ( till now we spent no more time than about fifteen seconds)5 Change , replace or remove the files you want.6 Now execute DragPoder.exe ( DragPoder for FLY! version 1.0 2003)7 The screen of DragPoder shows up8 Now DRAG the PODFOLDER from your destop to the DragPoder screen.9 Type de disired name for the POD in the PODname-field.10 Click CreatePod and the pod is processed.You`ll find the new POD in the PODFOLDER.Take the new POD from the PODFOLDER and place it in FLY.Simply throw away the PODFOLDER and all is cleaned up.With this DragPoder for FLY! version 1.0 2003 Podding is Peanuts.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

With this DragPoder for FLY! version 1.0 2003 Podding is Peanuts ( and it`s in english!!!).Dowload it from Fly.Simvol.Org follow >FlyII! files >Utilities > DragPoder.This is absolutely the fastest way of Podding , I use it all the time , it`s really great.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi allThank you for your responses. I think I will have a look at dragpoder.I use the original filemanager of flyII and for me it works fine.But as you see in my Ried Kirchheim scenery, I had to change a *.TRN-file from my Austria West scenery to flatten the airport area. Now everybody who uses my scenery has this file in the data folder. So I am looking for really easy tool which allows it even and flyII-novice to move this *.TRN file into my AU-WEST.pod and overwrite the old one in this POD.Harald

Hi Harald,With DragPoder you have exactly what you are looking for .It`s very very simple.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks Leen for your comments on DragPoder, I'm happy to know that your fantastic repaints are poded with it ;-)

Bonjour Roland,I was talking about DragPoder for FLYII !And YES I use the DLLAmiti

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Just a question.Thias afternoon I placed Dragpoder on my XP machine.Now the language is french , no problem for me , but, how to change this into english?Please tell me.Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

I have no idea :-(Is your XP a Dutch version ?I'll check that when SquawkBox 3.1 will be released in a few weeks (I hope). I have to re-install properly Visual.NET for that on my new computer.

Guest jomar111

Yes Dragpodder is the best for Pod creation I used it for all my projects so far, thanks to rotw these wonderous utilities just keep comingLeen, can alex's suggestion work for our problem? create a .pod w/ panel files that are on a higher priority? (or is that what you had already tried) maybe the panel file that causes the .aai files to be used are already at the highest priority?anyway, I don't even know where to change file priorities anyhow, and what it entails.Happy Landings=^)Romanhttp://fly.simvol.org/logoperso/roman.jpg

Hithank you for your responses.I tried dragpoder and i think it is easy enough for everybody to use who does not want to have this file in his data folderHarald