Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Problem with the Deb Patch

Really enjoying this great new freeware add-on. I have the RealityXP module and didn't really have any problems with the original Deb installation.I just installed the new patch by renaming and replacing the panel.cfg as per the instructions. But I have a problem with the Deb.Cab guage as downloaded, Win Zip won't recognize it as a zip archive and so it won't unzip and go into my guage folder.So the result of all that is now I don't have the HSI any more, which was fine before the patch.Is there a problem with the file upload? Nevery had this problem with Win Zip before. If no easy solution, I'll just re-install the orginal without the patch.thanks Chris (PHNL)

Uninstall the Deb. Then remove all traces whatsoever..including any gauges (look in the panel.cfg for a list of them...usually they are B33 as a start or Deb!...I think). Reinstall, and then see if that solves you problem.If this doesnt work, re-download, and uninstall the old one.Hope we can get this working!http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Chris,have you tried just to put the deb.cab gauge in your gauges folder ? there should be no need to unpack it (it is a new XML made gauge).Hope it helps!

Guest RobA

Geoff, Hi there. Don't have the RealityXP stack yet but the Deb works great as is for now. I used your 1.5 patch but for me (on Win98) the deb.cab file with the new panel cfg crashes the sim to the desktop. All is well until I start cycling the various window views, then boom, it crashes. I uninstalled the Deb and made sure the cab file was gone and reinstalled the Deb without the patch and it works just fine. Not complaining at all, just FYI I guess. To be honest I like the looks of the original HSI better than the xml one. The new one looks good but is harder to read than the original for me.Thanks for such a great aircraft ( James too >)Best regards, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Thanks much for your help, installed as suggested without unpacking, now it works like a champ! Beautiful panel...regards, chris

Yeah-but the new one looks more like the real thing-lol.I still may work on it a little more before the next version. I found the round compass instruments like vors/hsi's don't translate as well from ms-w'ell see what happens.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Hey there, I installed the Deb into FS2002 fine, but when I started the sim up and loaded the Deb and looked at it in the spot plane view the outside of the plane was black and the paint would not show. What do I need to do to fix it? Other then that it looks like a great aircraft and panel. Jared

I am not sure what type of graphics card I have, but I don't have this problem with most other aircraft in my flight sim. I looked in the device manager and all I found was display adapters and under that I found was a Intel Graphics Adapter, and I am running Windows XP.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Jar172RG,there was something about the voodoo 3dfx III card and its lack of support for greater than 512x512 textures. The intel chip might have the same limitations, or your AGP settings might be too low. If you are familliar with the imagetool included with the FS2002 SDK, then you should consider to first try to mipmap the original DEB textures. If not, you should wait for the next texture pack from James that might help solve the problem!Hope it helps!