Sign in to follow this  
Guest novasimpilot

Tony C or anyone with waypoint database knowledge?

Guest novasimpilot

Tony, I was following your great tutorial on FLY2 default FMS and flight planner and I ran into a small snag. The waypoint "ARNES" is in my waypoint database, but not "SUPAI" nor the other two shown on the Paradise Four Arrival STAR chart, ("MITTS" & "IRESE"). I believe I have all the available updates to the stock FLY2 waypoint.pod but I obviously must be overlooking something.Can you or anyone inform me where to find additional waypoint data which would be complete or at least contain the above referenced waypoints?Thanks, Robert

Guest tonyc

First, be sure that when you enter the name of the nav facility, you click "airport", "nav" or "waypoint". I am referring to the "navigational log (see pic) in the flight planner screen. As you can see, I entered the name "mitts", made sure that to the left the button displays "waypoint", then click "search" and, as you can see, the waypoint "MITTS" is located. tony

Guest novasimpilot

Thanks Tony, I already did that. That's the only way to get "ARNES" to show up, but the other three waypoints are not in my waypoint.pod database. The navigation log indicates "no items found" at the top of the window for "MITTS", "SUPAI" and "IRESE". Any other suggestions?Robert

Guest tonyc

Did you upload new waypoint.pod from Simvol? I will check my database to see if I have these other waypoints. If I do, then your database needs to be upgraded.tony

Guest desmondw

Hi Robert, I have found similar problems with various waypoints in the US & other countries where the search function has not found the waypoint unless I go to "all countries" & then it finds the waypoint even though it did not when it was looking in the US even though the waypoint is in the US. It may be worth trying the search in "all countries", it has worked for me on many occasions. Hope this helps.Desmond

Guest tonyc

Robert, a quick search enabled me to find Mitts and Surai. I did not find Irese. It's easy to add waypoints; in fact, in the planner you can simply click with the cursor with the + and it will become a waypoint. It may be approximate( you may have to look at distance from VOR) but it will work. Or you can edit the database or , again, upgrade to the latest pod. Didier updates this database regularily.tony

Guest novasimpilot

Hey Desmond, you hit the nail on the head. Last night before I saw your reply, I decided to search my waypoint.pod using Voledit and lo and behold, two of the referenced waypoints are in the pod. Next, I used "all countries" as you stated and lo and behold, "MITTS" and "SUPAI" showed up. Until I saw your reply tonight, I started to think something might be wrong with my flight planner, but apparently not. Many thanks, Robert

Guest novasimpilot

One last comment: When I looked at TonyC's pic of the directory, MITTS shows up with country "United States" and all states, but mine will not show unless it's set for "All Countries". Puzzling?!?Robert