Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

P51 scenery plans

Hi Colin, Thanks for the word. Yeah - *if* I can find some useful shapefiles to work with, then the import with the slicer *should* do the flattening. Had hoped Flattenator would do the trick without having to render any scenery, since the airport in question does not exist any longer. I just worked out the positions and added them for Steve. Unfortunately, Flattenator does not even "see" the airport in that particular globetile. So it becomes obvious that we will need to do some TerraScening of the area itself.I actually have some files now, but they are E00 files, and I do not have a good freeware converter... everything I've found converter-wise points to [relatively] moderate to high cost software for conversion. :-( Wouldn't be so bad if I weren't on a low fixed income... but alas... ;(Thanks again!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Colins2

Hi Ken,I suggest that you d/l TerraShape from my hangar site :-)That will translate E00 files for you.You also may want to get ArcExplorer from ESRI's site.It's free and will allow you to d/l DCW shapefiles.Personally, I still use v2.0. I can't get on with the later, Java version.Hope this helpsColinMy Hangar Site

Hi Colin,Many thanks for the latest version of TerraShape! I keep forgetting to re-check your page for any updates (silly me). I shall have a go at it - probably Monday evening or on Tuesday, and see what I can do for Steve. Cheers! :-beerchugKen Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

I think we willbe able to get this to do the job we need, Steve. Yes - a tad mre labour intense than one would like, but if I can get the E00 files converted for Fly!II use, things *should* begin to fall into place. This is the only problem when having freely available data in a format other than what TerraScene normally can use... Means a bit more effort to reach one's desired goal! As I am working most of this week without a day off, and gone for the weekend to visit my parents, this will be spotty bit of work on my part. But rest assured, I shall get it all sorted out! :-)Many cheers my friend! Chug one for me, eh? ;-):-beerchugKen Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest Steve Brown

Thankyou very much Ken, no rush please.Its going to be a few weeks before I start any work on it.Oh, I will drink myself silly for you :-lol Steve