Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

OK Gang...

Guest Bart

Been really really busy lately and haven't been around much so...not knowing when I'll have time to finish it up I uploaded a beta version of the Katana a bit ago. There is nothing that keeps it from flying, side views still need some work, a few of the engine gauges need finished, the console view needs animated, the DG cannot be set manually right now but does work and a few other things. So enjoy it where it is now and soon as I can I'll finish it up.

Guest jomar111

thank you bart, I'm gonna take a look at it now thanx again!roman

Guest Bart

An hour aye, that'll be $69.00 an hour + .75 cent fuel surcharge per hour + 6.6% sales tax. I always have the FBO owner looking at me funny when I come in with the Kat. It's a straight shot down the ramp with a slight downhill grade to the tie-down spot so I always goose it a bit at the top of the ramp, kill the money switch and coast into the parking spot. He always tells me I'm costing him at least a dollar and 75 cents per flight doing that but hey, there's a White Castles right down from the airport...$1.75 = three cheesburgers!!Glad you're having fun with it, did you happen to click on the air vents?c ya :-waveBart

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Bart, you don't know how lucky you are, you American pilot - if I calculated (and understood) right, that are ca. 75$ per hour, fuel inclusive(?) for a Katana! I would drive to a flightschool NOW and sleep at their front-door until tomorrow if that would be the prices here in old Europe. :))These words show you that I am a big fan of the Katana and I changed some sleep against making a long testflight last night. After having written this I will go to Steve's new scenery and combine making a sight-seeing tour with getting used to the behaviour of the Katana. And as you are a real-world Katana pilot, I would ask you for the special favour to give us some important "numbers", as my experience with fixed wings is really limited and I want to do it "as real as possible":What are the max. speeds for flap-positions?What are "normal" speeds and flap-positions for descend?What is the normal landing speed?What is best speed for reduced fuel consumption, what max. speed you would fly without looking at fuel cost?Rotating: at what speed, more gently or more powerful?Best climbing speed?I ask that all because I think you must not look into a list or book as you fly the real thing. But it makes a BIG difference to know that. Bart, thank you very much for giving us that wonderful plane and - if possible - the requiered information. I hope you will find the time within the next months to complete the Katana and I wish much fun for your real flights. And I will try the air vents, too (???).Best regardsGeorg (EDDW)

Guest ErikU

Vne 164 ktsVno 118 ktsVa 106 ktsVfe 78 ktsVy 65 ktsVx 57 ktsVr 51 ktsVs 42 ktsVso 34 ktsVglide 70 ktsRed line 164 ktsYellow arc 118-164 ktsGreen arc 42-118 ktsWhite arc 34-78 ktsMaximum demonstrated crosswind component 15 ntsGot more if you need it....Erik

Guest Bart

Actually the v speeds are the same as a Cessna 172. Rotate at 55 knotsBest climb 68 knotsCruise...well...I usually run at "renters cruise" = just under or right at the yellow arc in smooth air! Rental on the Katana is "wet" + the fluctuating fuel surcharge per hour (depends on what the fuel per gallon costs them at the time) so the faster you get there...:) but for "non renters cruise" set the RPM to around 22-2300 and you'll cruise about 110-120Approach 65 knots, flaps where you want themonly thing that is different from a Cessna is that on takeoff put in one notch of flaps, rotate at 55 knots, during climbout when you reach 70 knots drop the nose and retract the flaps then continue your climbout. The only thing you really can't simulate is that annoying little vibration you get when you retract the flaps on climbout, kinda fun to ask "did you feel that" and get a really concerned look on your face when you have a first time Katana rider tho! You can find some Katana specs herehttp://www.ksql.com/aircraft.htmbut they are for the 81hp Rotex engine, the one I fly has a 125hp Continental in it so the speeds and performance are a bit differentHave Fun!!c ya :-waveBart

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Bart and Erik,a big thankyou to both of you for your quick reply. Had already much fun doing a second flight from Steve's new EGOQ to EGOV, touch and go and back. Did it as I felt it should be, but handling was very fine. But got the stall warning at about 60(?) knots with full flaps, is that correct?Will do it better now with the new information.Stop and go EGOV:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73032.jpgRegardsGeorg (EDDW)

G'day Bart,Thanks for the beta Katana. We are really being spoilt and it isn't even Christmas. :-)< the DG cannot be set manually right now......> An affliction affecting all Fly! II aircraft. Got to be a problem with the Tri code.Happy and safe flying mate,Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Damien / All...I've made some corrections for the exterior lights on my own, and have attached the file for all to have. Just need to unzip the file and place it in your World folder to work! Enjoy!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster