Sign in to follow this  
Guest raidl

kodiak (navajo) missing

Guest raidl

I had an unopened copy of Fly! II and decided to install it on my new mac G5 (and installed the patch posted on line).It says there is supposed to be an aircraft "kodiak" (Piper Navajo) included, but it does not come up as an available aircraft nor do I find it in the "aircraft" folder.Is there I way I can locate or download this missing .POD file?

Guest raidl

The unzipped size of my JAVA.POD file is 25 MB. Maybe it is corrupted? It came off the install disk, but I have no way to check it separately. The on line (Mac) patch did not install an new version of this file.Is there a downloadable or obtainable copy of this file I can find or get?

Guest raidl

Thanks I will look for it.

Guest raidl

By thew way I looked at those web sites and didn't see where it might be posted. Thanks.

Guest Steve Brown

Well try as I might my webhost wont allow the 12meg file to upload.Im now having a row with them as I was promised 50megs upload.Im very sorry about this.I could try to email it, but again the size of the file is the problem!I have broadband, thats not the problem! Do you know if your ISP will allow such a large file?If so I could email it to you :-) Stevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg My Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.cafeshops.com/wrexhamspace

Guest raidl

My e-mail gets filtered through ieee and then to comcast broadband. I don't think it is a problem. I know I have e-mailed 5 meg files. I don't recall anything much larger.There may also be another solution. I upload large files to all the time. I can ask how to arrange for you to upload the file.

Guest raidl

I did send an e-mail to cyberscript to see if they can arrange for you to upload the file.

Guest raidl

I sent an e-mail with instructions (I think)

Guest raidl

Thanks, I finally got it via the upload. It has the same date and size as the file I had, but now I can see the kodiak (navajo), which works. The only wierdness is thast it keeps putting the "about" window on the screen and won't let me get rid of it. I wonder if that is a PC-Mac thing?In the real world I fly a Piper Seneca. I did not want to fly a simulated aircraft that is too different. I was afraid that could actually be dangerous. I could get in a bad habit and do the wrong thing at the wrong time while flying the real plane. The Navajo seems pretty close to the Seneca.For instrument training I usually practice with a full Elite PCATD on another computer.I put this on another computer for some VFR fun and for my kids. I have an older joystick.Any idea which current joystick would work well with the G5 Mac? The one I have is OK, except that I can't seem to adjust the trim with it.

My father uses a CH USB Yoke and Pedals and they work fine with the Mac. He used to own a Navajo Chieftan (first one delivered to the West Coast!) so he likes flying the FlyII version especially with the Southern California scenery from the file library. You might find some files I posted some time back for the Navajo that modify the propellers and thrust a bit, they were here in the forum and I never uploaded them to the file library. They should work in either Mac or PC since they are not modules.PS. topic 2673 in the Fly Developers forum for the Kodiak updatesEnjoy,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest jomar111

Good to hear the kodiak is working now =^)Mac forum not too many people visit =^( but I tried to help ya out, as for the about window, this is a simple one, i had the same situation and I had no idea what happened seems that when I went to click the "Keys & Buttons" close window X at the top left hand corner, the about window's button was the mouse click so everytime u mouse click you'll get the about window... just click the "clear button" button of your keys & buttons window in the Options menu=^)roman