Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

A word of caution to all SAAB340_beta2 flyers:

Guest tonyc

Don't forget that the decision to upload a beta2 version was made with some fear that some of the qualities not yet implemented or tested in this model would become distractions for me. I am working on a beta 3. There's a sound bug( propeller slows down during the accelleration phase) and a weight distribution anomaly( notice the nosewheel), so these items are first on my list. But keep in mind that this is an incomplete model, and as such, there are many untested parts. Despite this, the reason to upload it was due to the fact that the plane behaves very nices and can provide a lot of fun while beta 3 is in the works. If anyone decides to improve anything, please feel free. This is more of a hobby ( and an addiction) than a business for me. So, have fun, make suggestions, and I hope this plane can inspire some others to join me and others into the world of FLY2 development.tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Tony,I think the two people doing some work around your bird are aware of the situation and very grateful that you gave it away in such an early state of development. None is complaining about anything missing, not functional, etc. See it the positive way - a really good feedback to your and your work, much interest shown by the public. And the two people only tried to contribute in their way to make that Beta more enjoyable. We all are still waiting for your end-version.And no complaint, just a question - are the NAV recievers already implemented? If yes, how can we switch them on and change frequency?Thank you once againGeorg (EDDW)

Guest Javier

Hey Tony! No worries here, neither complains. Just fun and enjoying your great work. I have no complains at all and I know it is a BETA version. The problems I got my self into is because I decided to try something... nothing else.We really appreciate your work, and if Beta 3 means a dramatic change meaning my repaint goes to the recicle bin, then be it, I would start all over again, because as you said, more than a hobby it becomes an addiction.Cheers.Javier.

Guest tonyc

I am very, very happy to see others join the mod business, and please feel free to work on the Saab any way you wish. My point was mostly out of my own ignorance about so many things about this plane. For example, today I spent time learning about the suspension and the variable load files. I've managed to make the brakes more effective; I've added passengers weight to the load; and I've changed the total empty weight and full weight of the plane, once I discovered that the figures were incorrect. This , of course, required some tweaking of other variables.So my "caution" was aimed at the fact that I may not know what is right or wrong about this plane when someone asks me a question. However, please make a list of those items that you find "wrong" with it. It will add to the "beta " testing.I would like to see some of you get into the guts of FLY2 planes, simply because there's always something to do, to improve, etc. By all means, I am not offended nor am I indicating irritation to the activity that all of you have going regarding the Saab.:-)tony