Sign in to follow this  
Guest flystudio

Saab 340 Cross air

Guest flystudio

If you are interested in this Cross Air repaint, I can upload it.RegardsGiorgio Gnesda

Guest tonyc

Si, Giorgio. E' bellissima. Non mi hai ancora detto dova "sei" in Italia. tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Also "si", wonderful repaint, GiorgioGeorg (EDDW)

Great repaint Giorgio.I would like to have it.Giorgio can you tell me ,please, how I can get rid of the transparency of the windows on this Saab.Maybe you can send me your TIF and ACM as well?I tried and tried again but did not succeed ;)leen@leendejagertweewielers.nlRegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest flystudio

Leen,the original TIF has an alpha channel to cut the windows, and you must delete it with your paint tool,(or make your repaint around it ...but I suggest you to delete it, because it's not beautiful to see an empty plane) ok! Also uncheck trasparency option for the GLASSE part in the FlyII editor [ after loading the model (option 1), choice properties (option 5)] OK :-)CiaoGiorgio GnesdaPS: When I'll find the time, I'll make the pod and then I'll upload it, so you will have everything to see from yourself

Guest flystudio

Grazie Tony adesso sono in Austria. Ho provato il tuo Saab e devo dire che

Thank you Giorgio,I used the Fly-editor and set th glasse option to NO and saved the file.I checked and change was saved.The tif however exists of only one layerthe info says:number of layers= 1number of alpha layer=1?????????? please help!!!!!?????What must I do?I am quiet OK with painting but this makes me mad.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest flystudio

I uploaded the pod of the Saab340 CrossAir repaint. So if you like her, she will be available in few houresRegards to all youGiorgio Gnesda

Guest Javier

Here, let me see if I can explain.1 ) Take the TIFF file from the original SAAB340A ( now there are two on AVSIM Giorgio's repaint and the original ) 2) See Attached Screenshot and do your tests..Good Luck!Javier.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/73708.jpg

Guest flystudio

I just explain the original tiff has an alpha channel! If you don't want to see the cutted windows you must remove it from the original tiff.It's not important the color you are using.RegardsGiorgio

Guest Javier

Mmm... I guess I used a different method then. I am sorry, I thought the ACM file was making all the black pieces to transparent. But if you are as sure as you wrote....I didn't mess with any Alpha channels, I didn't have to delete any windows, all I did was put a WHITE strip in front of the Black windows and painted the "blueish" windows.I am uploading the repaint right now.

Guest flystudio

in ACM there is an option to get trasparency from a part, but it creates a own alpha. If you get the original TIF and in Paint shop pro or Photoshop try to extract the channels, here you can see four colour channel and the alpha channel. Now you can see all trasparent windows you see in the sim. I know it because in my "Cross Air" repaint I did so, but it's the way to create trasparency in every game too.If you get opacity in other way... anyway you deleted the alpha channel maybe flatten the image or unchecking the option "export alpha"All the bestGiorgio Gnesda

Guest Javier

PhotoShop? he he... you will not believe what I used for my repaint. Anyways.. you are the Pro here, I just have fun painting and by all means I do not consider my self expert in this matter. By reading your explanation I think what I ended doing on my repaint was to put an opacy mask on top of the Alpha layer you are talking about, therefore FLY cannot do the transparency trick anymore.... right? more or less ?Regards, Javier.

Hallo guys,Thank you for your excellent explanation Giorgio.last night I did my homework on channels and layers.NOW I understand channels and layers are NOT the same.Thank you Javier for your explanation but I think your method only give the windows another appearance blueish, greenish whatever,but they still are cut-out and transparent.The best way to prove this is to make the tif totally green.Now we have a compleet green plane with green-transparent windows.Following Giorgio`s advise gives a plane without transparent windows.The color of the cockpit windows is defined by the rectangled field on the tif.The cabin-windows on the other hand can be painted like the rest of the textures on the tif , one window closed with a sun screen another window with a waving passenger and so on.It`s great having you guys on this forum.Jean Sabatier also advised me on this matter in a great way.Thanks once again to all of you.(Giorgio,Jean,Javier and Cord)your FLY-friend / votre ami en FLYLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints