Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Is it just me...

Guest Jan

AlexI have the same problem with all RMI's.They turn in the opposite direction of the HSI.And only north and south give the right direction.West and east is switched,if you understand what I mean.I can probably switch the east and west in a paint program,but can't change the direction rotation. Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Hi friends!I think I had the same problem a while ago with the B200. Someone discovered that was because I had set this plane as default to start Fly!II. Selecting the C172 as default solved my problem.Hope this helps!Cheers!Pascal

G'day Alejandro,Sorry I am unable to confirm your problem with the RMI.On ALL aircraft when I'm flying north the cardinals in a clockwise distribution on the card. - N W E S 1. If I turn 90 left the card rotates in a clockwise direction to display West.2. Conversely if I turn 90 right the card rotates anti-clockwise to display eastBoth of the above are in agreement with the HSI.My operating system is win 98 SE.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,Thanks for checking. This is really interesting. I'm looking at the actual PBG for the Pilatus' RMI and the animation is setup exactly opposite to that of the TBM 700. Could you let me know what you get with the Pilatus and the TBM?Thanks,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,The RMI's compass cards both work the same as in my previous post.If I fly to the right the card rotates anti clockwise.If I fly to the left the card rotates clockwise.On thinking about it I vaguely remember there being a problem with either the pilaus or tbm with win2000/xp? Wasn't there a fix issued to cure the problem?There is one noticeable difference between the RMI's of all other aircraft and the TBM700. The TBM700 has it's own ON/OFF rocker switch on the O/H panel whereas all the others are powered directly off the avionics master switch.The only instrument that I can't get working is the DG in any aircraft. Gyro precession doesn't seem to work and manual adjustment of the card doesn't work. The DG operates just like an RMI. i.e. the card is always correct and maintained automatically in agreement with the compass.Cheers,Roger @yssy