Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

PMDG 757/777

Guest reddwarf

Has anyone noticed that PMDG has removed all Fly!2 products from their web-site? I was just trying to buy the 757, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know if these product will become freeware since they are no longer selling them? // Geir Strand // Stavanger, Norway //

G'day Geir,Yes I noticed that they now state that they make add-ons for FS9 and Win XP. Even their support forum only mentions fs 2004 but Fly! support MAY still be available there. Whilst I am an avid supporter of the freeware concept for our hobby I see no reason for payware to be made available as freeware just because the authors have decided to stop further development. Indeed there is a very good argument to be made to the contrary. Keeping faith with those who bought the product in the first place with their hard earned money.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest ilove777

Cheers, Roger and others.I would have to make a statement to the contrary.Since PMDG has given up on selling/supporting Fly 2 add-ons, then should I chose to send a copy of my the 757/777 download to someone, since they're not either losing or making profit, it really doesn't matter at this point. I am not a lawyer, nor do I mean to give the impression that I am. However, I am a firm believer that once a company gives up its rights, then the "fallout" becomes public domain and, with that, may do as it pleases.Happy Flying!John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

G'day John,I'm no lawyer either but what you are saying just doesn't ring fair. I guess the best way to solve this one is to email PMDG and ask. But somehow I think I know what the answer may be. :-)PMDG haven't given up their rights. Copyright lasts for 25 years I think.By your logic we could start producing and selling/giving away copies of WIN 98 SE. :-) Microsoft have stopped producing/supporting that.I'm sure that Bill would have a few words to say about that. :-lolSome companies do release old versions of their product as freebies but as they are the copyright holders that is their perogative, not the consumers right. They do this as a marketing ploy hoping to lure the consummer into PURCHASING the updated version.I have freebie copies of Turbocad 4.0 and Truespace 3.0 but both were downloaded legally from websites. Discrete and Calagari however still retain the copyright.Cheers mate,Roger @YSSY

Guest reddwarf

Hi,I think PMDG has sold their rights to sharewaresoft.com. Or so it seems. I don't know to trust this site or not, but one could buy the 757 from them for $19.95. Feel it's kind of a rip-off since there is no longer any support... Any comments?It's available from:http://www.sharewaresoft.com/FLY-Airliner-...wnload-9369.htmGeir

G'day Geir,I'm not 100% sure that this is not just an outlet for PMDG. Lets face it not all simmers find their way to Avsim forums ( pity :-( ). You have basically answered your original post. If you really want the PMDG 757 why don't you just either email them or go their website and ask if they have sold it off to Shareware.comCheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest reddwarf

Got answer from PMDG yesterday - it's no longer available so I am not able to fly the 757 in Fly!2 - ever :-fumeA sad day indeed...Geir StrandStavanger, Norway

Quite sad, indeed... when Wilco Publishing is still selling their B737 for Fly! ... reduced price I believe from original selling price... ;-) The patch is also available from Wilco, though I don't think they actually support the product any longer. Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster