Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Beech D17 Staggerwing

Guest Alibubba

HiI'm a newbie to avsim and the forums and after a couple of days of looking around and checking out the files section, I came across the Beech Staggerwing D17 download for FlyII and decided to add it to my aircraft. After downloading the zip file and unzipping I placed the .pod file in my aircraft folder and can see the aircraft on the the select aircraft menu, the problem I have is when I select the Beech the prompt tells me it's switching then the program shuts down and I get the following messageSubsystem is not registered (crT2)File: Subsystem.cppLine: 254The readme file says there is a .dll file that your supposed to unzip then place in the module folder, but no such file exsists, at least not in the zip download. Any help would be very much appreciated as this looks like a fun aircraft to fly.ThanksAllan

Hello Allan,The DLL file is indeed included with the plane and is the Circular Timer2.dll. If the file isn't there, then there are two possibilities:1. You downloaded a repaint version of the aircraft, not the original plane. Most repaints don't included all of the elements of the original aircraft and will not run properly without the original installed. The original plane is the Beech Staggerwing D17, labeled Staggerwing D17 PC version in the file library - the file name is stagd17_v1.zip.2. You downloaded the correct file, but it was corrupted in the download or unzipping process. In that case, download it again and see if it unzips properly.

Randall Rocke

Hi Allan, Welcome to the Fly! Forum! You will find a great group of helpful people here, and some darn good stuff in the Fly! II file library! One other thing to note regarding the Staggerwing - once you do the unzipping, the CircularTimer2.dll file may or may not show the extension (.dll). So if you see Circulartimer2 and no extension, be assured that is the file you want. It needs to be placed in the Fly!IIModulesPC folder for it to work properly. Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

A good point! If you haven'y already done this, go into your folder options in Explorer and turn off "Hide Extensions..." - then you'll be able to see which is the DLL. If the DLL doesn't show, then you probably have one of the repaint versions.

Randall Rocke