Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Dbimport no longer available?

After reinstalling FLY!2K, I proceeded to beef up the navaid database.To do that , one has to use the dbimport utility to install the dex files that hold the new navaids data.Dbimport.zip used to be in the avsim library. I can't find it now.Any ideas?Eytan

Guest Eagle

Eytan, after checking the site, I believe that I gave you some bad information. If you will send me an email through AVSIM I will send you the file. It is not a large one.

Wayne,Thanks for the help.My address:ornstein@galilan.comEytan

G'day Eytan, I believe the file you are after is in the Fly! II Development folder in the Avsim library.The file is by Frank Racis and is called "deximport12.zip" version 1.2Cheers, Roger @YSSY

Roger,It seems Deximport is good only for FLY2. Will it work for FLY!2K?Eytan

G'day Eytan,Million apologies Eytan. Sorry to say I don't think (not 100% sure, he wording is slightly ambiguous)it is backwards compatible to Fly!2K. I believe you can however use Fly!2k dex files and import them into Fly! II. Taken from the deximport readme ;Fly1 compatibility notes:The Fly1 compatibility mode is off by default. If you're distributing DEX files, please update them to Fly2 format first (just run them through DexImport once). This just makes life easier for your users. DexImport doesn't like two runways with the same number at the same airport. If this happens, the Fly1 Runway match option will change the runway ID every time.This is not a normal situation, but can result from importing Fly1 databases without the -R option. The solution to this is to delete one of the offending runways with the Fly DB editor.Deinstallation:Delete the files from where you unzipped them. DexImport does not make any registry entries of its own, but it will fix the TRI entry pointing to Fly2 if it's missing. Developer infoDexImport can be called from other programs. The description of error codes is in ResultCodes.txt I have Dbimport (only 204 Kb. )as well on my hard drive so if you haven't yet got it just email merogermaz@idx.com.auand I'll send it as an attachment. :-) Cheers,Roger @YSSY