Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ivor Bigne

For my German friends

Guest HeliFLYer

Surprise, surprise, Steve!No matter this repaint is fictional, THIS is the right livery for me! Thanks a lot! Now I can enjoy that outstanding helo even more.Remember the screenshots of my litte "car-crash scenario" to test your roads? After my holidays in July you'll get a lot of these together with a local scenery and some instructions. And we can use this repainted helo to do some missions "as real as life can be".Have a look at the tail of the BK117. I'll mail some photos to you this evening.Regards Georg http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77906.jpg

Guest Steve Brown

Fantastic Georg :-) If you ever have time could you take pictures face on of some nice buildings in your area so I can make a simple model of a street. Because I have already created others I just have to map a new face onto the models.Oh that is if you have a digital camera Doh, silly me. I have created better railway lines and the roads will be done tonight I think. I have also created some very simple road vehicles and more are to be done.To everyone!These are really in mind only for Helibird flyers not for flights with planes. Some buildings have been designed for the Future Sea Wind in mind. We really need the eye candy to make our Helicopters do what they were made to do. So dont think frame rates here, if you have the machine to do it have fun. I test all my models on a 1.05 mghz machine with 512 megs of Ram, 128meg Video card.If it doesnt work on mine it dont pass my computer :-) Im going to release a bumper pack of models soon, about 150 to 200 models will be included in total. Some good, some bad, but you can choose to use them if you so desire, and as time goes on and I learn more I may do more, OK.We will have lots to play with Georg, as long as you dont attack me with Leens nice new repaint ;-) All the best, Steve My Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.cafeshops.com/wrexhamspace

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Steve,if we work together we can have some interesting helo-sceneries within the next months - with special textures from nearly all over the world. Not as brilliant and sharp as Fonchys but sufficient to get some "real life" feeling. If we use these kind of textures and DEMs as a sort of BACKGROUND picture for VFR navigating and your upcoming objects as obstacles and for the special sceneries we might have much fun with it, doing helo missions. And I am sure, Cord will give us some moving ships to do exciting missions in the North sea.Have a look at this sample of a very special region. Someone got me to select a test area for my work just there. But a special scenery I love very much is missing due to technical problems (does not fit to my DEMs).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77946.jpgSteve, of course I'll take my digital camera and make some photos. Not sure about "nice" buildings but some typical for the city I live in. I think it should be some smaller buildings (?).The other promised pictures will be sent tomorrow, I'm just coming back from work and it is pretty late now!Thanks a lot for your wonderful workGeorg

Guest Steve Brown

Fantastic Georg.Im after shops and houses if possible.As Im sure you know I want to create more models for us all so we can have lots of fun. Aosta Valley? :-) Thankyou Georg, Im coming over to Germany in July but these would speed things up for us. Going to pop over to Holland too. I have heard of some nice shop fronts in an area of Amsterdam I could take pictures of :-lol Model creators please help me!!!Im having a little problem of digital photos bluring when put into fly2. I have started doing Leens Bike shop but when I put it into fly2 it blurs sometimes leaving out textures to with some models???Do I have to create one texture first with all the bricks, windows and so on all together, or can I use seperates, as I know when exporting it puts them all together on to one tiff file. Im using the targa format for my textures.Also, what setting should I put this box on,or should I leave it as it is when exporting? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77957.jpg Hope someone can help me :-) please SteveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.cafeshops.com/wrexhamspace

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Steve,are you after the pictures of the red light district are you? hahaha ;)

Hello Steve,thank you very much for thinking of your german friends.:-)Very nice repaint and I'm looking forward to taking it outfor a spin. ,:-wave Take care

Guest Ivor Bigne

Stev my frinds. I see you make repaint to of new Helibirdy haar haar.when can I have this is one and the others you told me it would be loaded to Avsim. But it isnt in here you see. IvorI send you email to help me OK

Guest Steve Brown

Sorry Ivor mate. Im nolonger uploading. :-( I was just about to add a short farewell, but desided to post here.I had sent my firstDauphin repaint for testing and to be uploaded to the site (F2FDesign) but I dont see it yet, and have not been told anything. I had spent a lot of time in the early stages of repainting and have actually done 6. If they want to upload the first they can. I have now left the group and will no longer be working for the sim. I simply have had enough. To those who want my other repaints I will send them by email if need be as they will not be uploaded to Avsim, as yet.Im going away for a while (from the sim) so If I take time replying to you Ivor (or anyone) its because I have some problems.Goodbye for now Steve Brown

G'day Steve,Mate can't let this post slip by without thanking you for all your help and additions to make Fly! II that much more enjoyable. You have done a lot for all Fly! II simmers. Sorry to hear that you have problems but I hope everything gets sorted out OK.I won't say goodbye but rather "au revoir" and hope you pop into the forum occasionally just to stay in contact as I'm sure that you have many friends here who wish you well.Cheers from down under,Roger @YSSY

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Steve,I am so sorry to hear about your problems and the decision you made though I have to accept it. But please, stay tuned, I understand that you want to have a break after working too hard and timeconsuming for the sim and the community. My only hope is that after a while the positive aspects of our common hobby can be seen again by you. And all your FRIENDS here will wait for you with arms opened wide!Anyway, I will send a private eMail to you this evening as I am on the way out now.Thank you very much not only for all you did for the FLY! community but simply "being here" as you are a nice guy.Georg

Guest Ivor Bigne

Oh no Im so sad to now this my frind. I hope you come back with smile and sexy lady to enjoy. Take time to fly in happiness and funs OK. It looks like you have some frinds anyway Steves, well 3 haar haar. I come to Manchester in August I thinks, so we meets you then if it OK OK Ivor.I shocked at your email, but undersand what you feelin. Ivor