Sign in to follow this  
Guest desmondw

"Subsystem is not registered" Error

Guest desmondw

Hi Folks, I am in need of some serious help here. I have just updated all my Windows XP critical updates & now when I start Fly!! & I am loading the splash page I keep getting "Subsystem is not registered (edc2)File: subsystem.cpp line: 254 & I get dumped back to Desktop & no errors show up in gtfo.txt file or when I search XP's event log. If I continue to keep trying to load Fly after the second or third attempt I get in & all seems OK, at least in the Sahara.I don't know if this is related in any way or is a completely different fault but twice now I have tried Flying my PMDG 757 with C4TO Ver 2 running & when I am being given instructions on one occasion & giving the captains message for level at cruise altitude on the second occasion the speech hung up for just a second then I got dumped to desktop. Any help or advice on these would be greatly aprieciated.Thanks in advanceDesmond

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Desmond,ACTUALLY I have several different FLY! installations as one aircraft isn't working the way I want to. And I got this error too. I had copied the fly.ini from another installation but not all add-ons.I JUST analysed fly.ini step for step and when I changed numDynamicScenery=9 TO numDynamicScenery=0all seems to be corrected. But caution, I just tested it 3 times. Please check it and if you are successfull (or not :(( ) give an answer -> important for other FLY!ers with the same problem!Hope that can helpRegardsGeorg (EDDW)

Guest desmondw

Hi Georg, Thankyou very much for your fast & enlightening reply. You were right, I found that I had somehow inadvertantly copied duplicate Aircraft, PMDG, Modules & Sound Folders to my Fly!! installation in another Fly!! folder & I presume there was a conflict. Also this may very well be my problem with the PMDG 757 failing on a sound operation. I have as of now only tried going into Fly a couple of times but it seems to be going in with no problems. Thanks again Desmond

Guest desmondw

Hi Georg, I guess I spoke to soon, I switched off the computer after writing the reply & had supper. I switched on the computer & tried going into Fly!! Dumped out with same error. Managed to get in one time out of three but it did solve my problem with PMDG 757, One short flight & no problems with it. Thanks for help, I will spend some time going through Fly.Ini & others to check for discrepencies. I will write if I come up with anything solid.Desmond

Guest andrewluck

Default.key in the system folder can also cause problems like these. Try removing or renaming it and restarting Fly! to generate a new one. Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest desmondw

Hi Andrew, Many thanks for the info. did try it but I am afraid I am still only getting in about 30% of the time. This one is definitely a teaser. I am open to all & any ideas that might resolve this problem. Thank you all for any help on this.Desmmond

Guest laurentC

Hi Desmond,I can tell you that : 'edc2' is a subsystem I created some days ago for the saab 340. The feature is the copilot edcp and it's compiled in a dll.So you have two solutions to avoid your problem :- be sure to have all the the Tony's saab dll installed- remove the saab pod from your aircraft folderI strongly suggest, of course, the first solution, eh, eh !Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Desmond, Andrew, LaurentC!This discussion shows that there are SEVERAL reasons to causethe "subsystem is not registered" error message.What I did not pay attention to was the SUB-MESSAGE. I got "sf34" (subsystem is ... (sf34)), Desmond "edc2". In my case I think the mistake was copying the fly.ini from a "bigger" installation to a very reduced one not having installed all add-ons - I did not further test it until now as my problems are solved by editing the value of numdynscenery, but I think not having FSImp! installed was the problem.Anyway, what we can learn is: 1. always have a look at the SUB-ERROR-MESSAGE of "subsystem .." 2. just copying fly.ini from a bigger to a smaller FLY!-installation without editing some entries may cause big problems.Thank you for that very interesting discussion. Desmond, I hope your problem is solved now after LaurentC gave new hints. Georg (EDDW)

Guest desmondw

Hi Laurent, Georg & all, Laurent, you were right on the money, I had caused myself all this grief, for some reason I had left the Beta 1 version of the Saab Dll files in the modules/pc folder & not copied over the new Dll files. I have now corrected this & been in & out of Fly!! five times with no problems. Thankyou for your excelent work & troubleshooting. Thankyou all for all your help & advice. I am so proud to be a member of this family.Desmond