Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan

Dauphin and Yaw - tail rotor setup

Guest roland_lfor

Hi All,At a cruise speed of 140 knots, I have to apply 2/3 of the right yaw range to keep the skid ball in the middle (and the coffee flat in the cup :-).) Is it the same for you ?After an hour of Flight I need a massage on my arm ;-)On the floor panel there is a "Yaw" button with "Off" or "Auto" position.But I didn't notice any change when it's on "Auto".What is the use of these 3 buttons on that panel ?

Guest Jan

Hi Roland.If you have not done so,trim the yaw so the trim indicator needle is centered (pointing straight down)I have spoken to real life Dauphin pilots,and according to them you have to apply right yaw at high torque and high speeds.The cruise speed is 120kts,and vne is 140kts.The AFCS panel on the pedestall is not functional at the moment.It's much easier to fly with pedals,and not a twistgrip.If many people are having problems with the yaw force,I can upload a separate rtr file wich will keep it more straight,even at high speed.But then the torque effects in the rest of the flight regime will be wrong.Take careJanhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks Jan,Please don't modify this, if it's real. I think all Fly'ers here are looking for reality !, and it's the main reason to use Fly! sim.The problem is that even with full yaw trim to the right, it's not enough, so perhaps it would be possible to give more effect to the yaw trim ?Did you notice also that the rotor shadow turn in the wrong direction ?Roland

Guest roland_lfor

Perhaps can you tell me what parameter I have to change to have a more "strong" yaw trim (and in which file).Then I'll make some test on it, ang give you some feedback.Roland

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Roland,I have fixed the rotor shadow problem, and will be available in version 1.1 together with some other fixes aswell! v1.1 will be uploaded to AVsim and to www.F2FDesign.com in a few days! can't answer your yaw trim question, but Jan will be happy to give you an answer to this one!Happy flying!

Guest Jan

Roland.Try changing the tail rotor entries in the RTR file (in the World folder)Have a look at the tail rotor location.Move it backwards with a higher number.Then you will get a longer arm for the force to act on.And less input to change the yaw.Also you can alter the blade min/max pitch.Alter both directions the same amount.And both the thrust and torque can be played with.Try it out,and see if you get something you can live with.But there might be some unwanted effects in other areas.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks for all your answers, that's good news that an update is already available !Jan, I'll give you some news on the tests.Bye

Guest cord

Hi Jan,thinking of the 65,8MB download of version 1.0 a Pod with the fixes or the new files of version 1.1 would be great.I just have a standard phone connection and was lucky to get version 1.0.Cord

Guest Jan

I belive the full version 1.1 will be uploaded to Avsim together with a fix for all of you that already have the Dauphin 1.0.At least two separate files :)The first fix is mainly cockpit lights and the rotor shadow.Thanks for downloading the Dauphin :)Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks to all of you F2FD !I finally change the following line in the RTR file : -- Blade Pitch Trim (degrees) --1.0TO -- Blade Pitch Trim (degrees) --8.0With 8.0 it's working well, I have just what I need to keep the ball centered until 160 knots !And I think it does not affect anything else ?Thanks againDid you find out about the CTD at the second loading time ?This question because during SB3.1 Beta test this afternoon we tried to fly a sort of Dauphin Patrol :-), then We both had CTD at connecting time.It seems that we can't have 2 instances of the Dauphin in Fly!(We should have the same problem with the original AI in Fly! 2)Roland

Guest Jan

Roland.If you get 160kts at level flight,you are overtorqueing a lot.Max level flight torque is 88%.Exceed that,and the helo need to go in for inspection.That may also answer why you need a lot of pedal :)The CTD in multiplayer may also be the looping dll problem.Try have the Dauphin as your default startup aircraft,and see if it helps.Take careJanhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg