Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Dauphin operation

Guest andrewluck

Hi AllJust a couple of queries on flying the Dauphin.1) I can't get the Servo light to extinguish.2) The rotor brake won't stay on; it's momentary only.Any clues gratefully received.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Fly II Pilot

Andrew,1) The Hydraulic Isolation switch is the first switch, on the top of the right half of the overhead panel.2) Both fuel flow levers (throttles) must be in the cutoff position. This is a safety mechanism that prevents applying the rotor brake while the engines are running. Conversely, you won't be able to move the throttles forward if the rotor brake is applied.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest andrewluck

Missed the hydraulic switch. Power Flying Controls ... who needs them. Guess I must be stronger than I thought :-wink2 Still can't make the rotor brake work. Even before starting up, first handle I pull, it won't stay down.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Fly II Pilot

Andrew,The default position is not the fuel cutoff position, if you place the mouse over the fuel flow control lever you'll notice that it is around 20% (or more if you're using a joystick to control the throttle). You need to make sure that the fuel flow levers are in the cutoff position or 0%. On the main panel view, there is a clickable area to the left of each lever that enables the cutoff. You must click it twice to move the the lever through the cutoff detent. Once you do this, you'll be able to reduce the fuel flow to 0% either with the mouse or with the joystick.Take care,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Jan

Andrew.Make sure the throttles are in cutoff position.Look in the manual.There you will see where the click area is for each throttle cutoff position.Double click them,and use the cursor to retard the throttles to cutoff (0%).Then you can move the rotorbrake :)JanAlex,you beat me by a second :)http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest andrewluck

Thanks. I thought that once I'd clicked the cut-off area then the fuel was cut-off. Certainly the engines died when I did that. I'll give it another try.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH