Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

SquawkBox V 3.1 upload in progress !

Guest roland_lfor

Hi All,I'm happy to say here that I received the VATSIM agreement and the new version of SquawkBox has been uploaded to AVSIM Lib, in the Fly!II/miscellanous files directory.Many thanks to Lefteris Kalamaras that allowed and supported it.Thanks to all the Beta tester team (Tony for all the usefull remarks and suggestions ;-) )I hope that all the online community will enjoy this update.Let me know...HAPPY ONLINE FLYING !Roland

Guest andrewluck

RolandThat's long overdue news. Congratulations on putting this one away with some fine work.Now, let's all go do some online Fly!ing; get Fly!2 back on the simulation radar.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Fonchy

Thank you very much Regards Fonchy

Guest Eagle

Will SquawkBox v 3.1 work on IVAO?

Guest roland_lfor

Of course, it works on both networks.Roland

Guest Eagle

You may have thought the question was stupid, but allow me the opportunity to state why I asked.There was a previous statement that the new version had been accepted by VATSIM, but no mention of the program being accepted by IVAO. I was of the opinion that you were waiting acceptance by IVAO.I certainly appreciate the work that went into this new version and this is why FLY continues to be the best sim.

Guest Keyton_Cabral

Roland,THANK YOU! I tried this new version last night and it's working very fine. I made a couple of flights and some new improvements are simple amazing!!! - "Aircraft Altitude Correction" option it's all that I always wanted in the last SBox version. :)Now it's time to download all aircrafts that are missing in my Fly! folder to view all of MSFS users online.Cheers,Keyton

Guest tonyc

It's time to get together for some real fun fly ins.tony

Guest dajackman

I hope I still remember my username and password......

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roland,Thanks so much for this new version of SB for Fly! II. I just did some online flying today and it works great! It's really neat to be able to see the other aircraft (instead of the 172) and I agree, the altitude slider is a wonderful feature.I only ran into one minor problem. There were two people connected where I was, while both showed up in the drop-down list (another great feature), the wrong one appeared in the chat box regardless of which one I chose (I wanted the one on the bottom). This started to happen after a short interruption during which the other person briefly disconnected and connected. Once the other aircraft was "removed" (because it was out of range), everything went back to normal.Again, awesome work!!! Although I shouldn't (because I have to study) thanks to you, I think I'll be logging some online flying hours... ;-)http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest cord

Roland,you made a special present for me - Squakbox 3.10.I tested the new SB engine with IVAO and it is just wonderful.I taxied seeing all other aircraft, contacted ATC without problems and had fun while approaching dest airport with actual weather.My idea is a FLY IN with this new engine and I can offer ATC at ETSI flying around the southern of Germany.Who would join ?Cord

Guest roland_lfor

Wayne, I don't see any stupid question here ;-)You are right, I spoked only of VATSIM because I had to be accepted to the VATSIM dev team, to obtain the original sources from Lefteris.More than that, they gave me some precious technical information and support.Despite several mails send to IVAO dev team, I didn't receive any answer to my request. As I didn't change anything on the protocol side, and as I didn't receive any help or request from IVAO, I can't ask them any agreement I suppose... If someone here has some contact with them, he's welcome !It's a shame because both networks are going to split, and will have their own protocol evolution.I'm confident on VATSIM at the moment, but I don't know if we'll be able to use IVAO in the future (when the new client named Ivap will be released for MSFS).As I already written here, VATSIM will implement a security protocol exchange to allow only approved client software to connect to their servers. So a SB 3.11(?) will be released for that purpose in a few weeks or months.Alejandro,Thanks for the bug report. I thaught it was corrected :-(