Sign in to follow this  
Kennair

Problem witch SB v3.1

Guest isra

I have installed SB v3.1 and when I connect with VATSIM a problem occurs ( sockedSender ... ) and FlyII crash.It runs on IVAO well.Does somebody be able to help me?Thank you very muchIsrael Abril Fernandez

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Israel,I've just made a connection on both networks without problem.Tony Crider and Andrew Luck spend hours on VATSIM during SB3.1 Beta test period and never report this kind of trouble.Did it happen only once ?Is it the same with firewall off ?What is the exact error message ?

Guest isra

The following error appears : SocketSender Squawkbox exception caught. Notify the Editor. I believe that he is thus, because he comes out very fast and at once he hides .I could have connected with IVAO but I do not see myself in the ServInfo.With Vatsim I can not connect, because he put salt in everything when I attempt it now, ID or Password no validsThankedIsrael Abril Fernandez

Roland,I am experiencing the same problem with the same error message and resultant CTD as Israel on my PC at work. This PC is running through a WAN and its associated firewall, so perhaps it is this that is causing the error. I haven't had a chance to try SB at home via dial up connection as yet, but will do so as soon as I can. I hope this helps.Ken Brandhttp://members.optusnet.com.au/~kmbrand/mypic1.jpg"Aviation combines all the elements I love:Science, Freedom, Beauty, Adventure.As a pilot we must be at least proficient in all elements"- Charles Lindbergh.

Guest tonyc

Be sure to have all traces of the old SB removed. Recheck your folders. tony

Guest roland_lfor

Did you experiment the same problem with SB3.02 on the same computer configuration ?I didn't change anything in socket management, except added a Critical Section for data in/out protection.I'm currently using ZoneAlarm firewall at max protection level without problem, once Fly is allowed to access to Internet.Roland

Guest andrewluck

The error handling on the Fly! network interface wasn't particularly good, but most problems could be avoided by ensuring that you had an Internet connection established before starting Fly!.Does IVAO require that you have the AVC client started before you connect to the network? Maybe that's the difference here as the protocols used for both networks are otherwise identical.I'm using Cisco's CBAC firewall on a 1603 router. Connecting to Vatsim opens a tcp connection on port 6809 to the server. Connecting AVC opens two connections (tcp and udp) on port 3782 to the voice server.You can fail to get logged on if there's a problem with your callsign. If all else fails try another.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

I just tested with SB3.02 and although I didn't receive a CTD, it didn't connect to either Vatsim or IVAO.Is there some sort of connection time-out included in SB3.1 that may be causing a CTD if no internet connection is found within a certain period?Ken Brandhttp://members.optusnet.com.au/~kmbrand/mypic1.jpg"Aviation combines all the elements I love:Science, Freedom, Beauty, Adventure.As a pilot we must be at least proficient in all elements"- Charles Lindbergh.

Guest roland_lfor

As Lefteris wrote, the socket implementation is quite poor, but I didn't "brake" or touch this part of the code and didn't add any time out protection.I changed the data in/out protection, initially done with inside class Mutex object, with 2 global CriticalSection's because with 3.02 code, I noticed several Exception caught. After introducing CriticalSection, I didn't see anymore exception in SocketSender thread.At connection time, unfortunatly, it's done in the main tread.Then, it's really possible (I saw it sometimes) that locking the main Fly! process too long (waiting for the connection) leads to a CTD.If I have time, I'll try to enhance that part of SB, but first of all, ask yourself, regarding your system, why SB can't get access to Internet. The SB 3.02 test you have done confirm that it is the 1st problem to solve.

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Ken,If you send me your e-mail I can send you a version that should handle more carrefully a failed connection. For testing purpose on your configuration.Roland

Guest isra

Problem solved, no himself like, but it works in both nets.Many thanks to All the ones that have taken interest for my problem.GreetingsIsrael Abril Fernandez

Guest roland_lfor

That's great ! Hope you'll enjoy SB 3.1...Roland

Hi Roland,I've finally been able to test SB3.1 at home via dial-up and it works fine. I am intrigued however about the timeout issue through my office server (not that I should be testing this at work, but you've got to live dangerously). My email address is kennair@ozipilotsonline.com.au if you would like to send me a fix version.Thanks,Ken Brandhttp://members.optusnet.com.au/~kmbrand/mypic1.jpg"Aviation combines all the elements I love:Science, Freedom, Beauty, Adventure.As a pilot we must be at least proficient in all elements"- Charles Lindbergh.