Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Dauphin Searchlight...

Guest Fly II Pilot

Has anyone tried this feature yet? Just curious, since I haven't heard anything about it (whether you like it or not).If you need help with the setup just let us know.Regards,The F2FD Team

Guest cord

I tried several times to make it work by using the GLOBAL KEYS.Think I need the tricks and hints of using the searchlight.What is the correct key ? S76 or Dauphin searchlight ?What about the key for the doors ?Are all GLOBAL KEYS working ?:-wave

Guest Fly II Pilot

Cord,The correct keys are the (Dauphin Srch...). Right now, you can only control it using the keyboard. I used ALT-CTRL-U, ALT-CTRL-H, ALT-CTRL-J and ALT-CTRL-N for up, left, right and down, respectively.The switch to turn it on and off is on the collective (pedestal view) and is called Hover Light. Also check that the LEFT LAND. LIGHT SELECT switch (right underneath the fuel pump switches also in the pedestal view) is turned to PILOT (default).The initial position is tilted all the way back, so you need to press the UP key until it points forward.On the LN-OMN (the base model) the pilot and copilot doors can be opened by clicking on the door on several views. You must assign a key for the right-hand sliding door (Dauphin aft door) and the right-hand hinged door (Dauphin hinge door). If you prefer, you can also assign a single key for all doors (Dauphin all doors). Just be patient since it's got a slight delay (when opening and closing).Ignore the S-76 keys, all other GLOBAL keys should be working.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,I stumbled accross using the searchlite using cntrl + alt + (num pad keys) but I could only get it to swing from full aft to about 5 degrees AFT of vertical. I can't get it to go any further forward? Is it meant to go further forward. Is that 180 degrees out of phase??Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi Roger,The searchlight travels from 181 to 179 (left to right) and from 0 to 90 (up and down). The initial position is heading 181 and tilt 0. Therefore, you need to change its heading, so it points forward, using the left-right keys (in this case, the right key).What you're seeing is the light pointing backwards.You're close... ;-)Enjoy!http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg