Sign in to follow this  

Dassault Rafale

Some time ago (ie last year I think!!!), there were some pics and a link to someone's site that had a fantastic looking Dassault Rafale (and another plane that may have been a Mirage 2000). Does anyone have a link to the site? I'd really like to have a look at them.Thanks,Dave.

Robert,Thanks for the link! I found the actual site I was thinking of (Oxyd FS Factory) linked from the site you quoted. But since the site you quoted has Oxyd's planes on it, that'll do nicely :-).Cheers mate :-).Regards,Dave.

You're welcome, glad I could help.:)Happy flying,Robert

No, do you have any idea how to use them without getting an "aircraft overstressed" message in FS2002? Without using the settings to turn aircraft stresses off, of course :-).Thanks,Dave.

Well....I never had that message and I always have aircraft overstress turned on.You need to get a feeling for it, how much the plane is able to bear.Especially when you are very fast, you should never turn as hard as it possible, always light turns only. If you want to turn very quickly, decelerate before.Start with light turns, then slowly try to go to the limits of the plane to get a feeling for it.That's all I can say, I'm afraid.:)Regards,Robert

Robert,Thanks for the advice. The problems I was having were on take off!!! I never got as far as trying it in full flight :-( Could it be that I'm using too much thrust?Dave.

Well, possible, yes.With the power of these jets you can come towards the maximum speed very quickly.Reduce power a bit after rotating, and rotate slowly perhaps.Regards,Robert

Robert,I'll give it a try. Although I don't hold out much hope, as I think it did it just sitting there on the tarmac :-(. I wonder if it's got anything to do with using fsedit to put the entries into the aircaft.cfg file...Dave.