Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Repaint planning.

Guest tonyc

Leen, that may be true. But in my case, I am trying to do more than just repaint. I have, as will always, written to the author of a paint, and asked for their kind permission to use it. All of them have always thanked me for considering their paints, and , of course, as soon as I upload it, I give them credit. I think of it as sharing food, when the result is not monetary gain or commercial. I used to be a literary scholar,where careers and salaries depend on one's work and reputation. This Fly! activity is a hobby, and honesty and good communication keeps everyone happy--inlcuding using other people paintings. Those people in the community who have seen my work, hopefully appreciate and understand the fact that I am trying simply to keep the hobby going. The Electra will use someone elses painting for several reasons: it saves me time and 2. it's so good that I want to celebrate their work. When I asked for their permission, they were very happy to let me do it. tony

Hi Tony,As I stated earlier in this topic , using work another person made , in a repaint is some kind of a plagiarism.Using someone-elses work ,with permission and giving credit to the original author is OK.When I wrote about plagiarism ( in june) I was not aware of yourfine job with the Electra.I was speaking in general and absolutely not personal to a specific person.What you are doing now is using an existing (excellent) texture for the Electra , with the permission of the original author.That`s absolutely NO plagiarism. That`s wonderfull!!!Looking forward to it,Kind regardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

Leen,I was simply contributing my thoughts on the subject, and never did I think that your comments were ill founded criticism. It's a sensitive issue, that of plagiarism, and there's absolutely no question that without an author's permission , the original work should not be used for public usage.As for the Electra painting, even with already made paintings, one needs to retouch these and make them more fitting for FLY2 planes. Leen, I hope I have the priviledge of asking you to take over the project as soon as I have the Tif ready. ;-)tony

Hi Tony,We cannot agree more.It`s an honour for being asked for the job , thank you.Your`e welcome to send the matarial whenever you feel to.CiaoLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Has anyone been thinking about BFU paint jobs for FLY 2? They allow ANY sim to be used on their jobs and many aircraft on their "accepted" list are available for FLY 2. These include the Pilatus PCXII, Beechcraft B200 and Staggerwing, Seneca V, C130, DH6, and the Lake Seawind. I have applied for permission to use the Hawker also, after what I have done on the 2900 foot grass Runway 36 at LFNJ.They have a few jets in their inventory and the Peregrine meets the under 30000 lb gross and 3000 foot runway requirements if handled properly. (That means aerobraking on rollout.) I don't know what's involved in a repaint or if it can be done with a 32 meg ATI Rage. BFU guys seeing screenshots in FLY 2 pilot reports just might be inspired to convert. Just tossing a pebble in the water.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Has anyone been thinking about BFU paint jobs for FLY2? Maybe a very stupid question.But.......... what are BFU paint jobs???RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The ONLY stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. BFU stands for Bush Flying Unlimited. They have several forums in Avsim. One is for posting job assignments and flight reports. (PIREPS) You look at jobs to be performed to see if they appeal to you. The only requirement is that you create a job to replace the one you take. "Rehashing" of old jobs is acceptable, prefferably with some details altered. There is no set number of jobs you must perform and no limit to how many you can take as long as you create assignments to replace them. They are not an airline and do not require use of a specific simulator on most "Jobs" which are created for flight simulator missions. Pilots who create more "jobs" than they take will be especially apreciated. Another BFU forum is the general discussion forum. You can ask questions, suggest changes and make requests for certain aircraft to be added to the "aproved list". More on that later. Yet another forum is for posting "duplicate" flight reports and special flights. If you really like an assignment but someone else grabs it first you can fly your own mission and send a Pilot Report with your own screenshots to the "miscelaneous" forum. Special paint jobs have been developed for all FS9 aircraft on the "aproved" list. There is also BFU "office" scenery which might be converted for FLY 2. The aproved list is divided into categories. The requirements are ability to operate on 3,000 foot airstrips, a gross takeoff weight not to exceed 30,000 pounds and be an aircraft reasonably expected to be in the Bush. Even jets and those weighing more than 30,000 lb can be submitted for admission to the "special use" category. These aircraft are already on the aproved list and available for FLY 2:Pilatus PCXIIBeechcraft B200Beechcraft Staggerwing float versionSeneca VDe Haveland Twin OtterSuper DecathlonThese aircraft have a variant aproved and the FLY version MAY be acceptable. Check before painting so you don't waste your time.Piper Malibu (meridian aproved)Flyhawk (182 Skylane aproved)Staggerwing with wheels?PA19 (J3 Cub aproved)The Hawker TR800 is under consideration for inclusion in the "special use" category. So far two out of five "bosses" have okayed it.There might be more that slipped my mind. BFU paint jobs are not required to fly jobs. If you click on "hawkeyes" banner in one of his posts you will be taken to the BFU website to find the complete "APROVED" list and pictures of them in BFU colors.I am starting a BFU thread in the general discussion forum so as not to take this one further off subject. Of course, if any one agrees to do a BFU repaint coordination to avoid "Dupes" would get the fleet done quicker.Bets Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest mange

Could someone do a repaint of the new swedish company: MCA AIRLINES Fokker 100 and Airbus 320????? PLEASE! :D best regards mange :(