Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Repaint planning.

Hi folks,Having seen Steve`s post on this forum , I have been thinking a little.It`s disappointing to see someone else publish a repaint you have on your easel at the same time.As we all know ( or should know ) it`s "NOT DONE" to publish a livery wich has already been done by another repainter.Doing this we would have some kind of competition ,we ( at least I )would not like to have.I am lucky , I never had the problem, but one never knows.That`s why I would like to start a new thread ( starting with this post )letting the world know what`s on my easel at this moment.I hope all my friends-repainters will follow me in this on this thread.This will have two advantages:No disappointment anymore and clairity about what the FLY-world can expect in the near future.On my easel at this moment:1-----Air Aurigny Saab 340 repaint.2-----Dauphin/Panther French Marine Camouflaged nr 4663-----Dauphin in KLM colors ( just left the easel and is shipped to------Simvol for publication)Regards Leen "FLYBIKE" de Jager ( ROTW )

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Leen,I've been replying to the post of Steve's.I basically agree with all you say Leen. The only problem that I see with using the forum here is that with time it will be lost off the front page whereas if Flydevelopers.com is used it will always be easily found.I unfortunately did have a conflict with steve on a repaint but as soon as it came to my notice I withdrew from further work on the repaint.For the record I have the following repaints underway,1. Air New Zealand Saab 3402. Aero Eurocopter DauphinCheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest CaptainJ

Yeah Yeah............and for the Builders under us! don't start on the following typ's since they are in progress on my harddrive1. Frank Versteegh Extra 300L "Skydancer"2. Russian knights Sukhoi 27 "Flanker" Thanks

Guest flystudio

In Microsoft fight sim comunity, this is not a problem, and you can see a lot of version of the same models and repaints, and it's the richness of that sim. When I search for a plane of a repaint in FS libraries, I am sure I can find everything and choice the best for my tastes. I think persons must be free to work on the prefered objects and give their own contribute to enhance owr sim in the ways their Like. Honestly I think there is not space for any disappointing or challenges(I hope). I like to say, this is not a real job but a pleasure for us. Not only, it's a plesure to give something of owrselves to owr friends enjoying.Hugs to all youGiorgio Gnesda

Guest Eagle

This is all well and good, however, I can see problems. It will be difficult to keep up with what a person is doing, especially in repaints. Building an aircraft is something else and posting on Fly Developers the plane(s) that a person is working on would be of advantage to the Fly community. There is a lot of work that goes into an aircraft and duplicates could present a problem.I do a lot of airport sceneries and I am aware that others have done some of the airports that I have worked on. That does not bother me as you FLYers can pick and choose. The more choices we have the better for our hobby.That is my two cents worth.

Guest Fly II Pilot

While I agree with the fact that we're only a few here, and therefore duplicating efforts is a waste of time and energy, I personally think that both users and repainters could benefit from having more than one of the same repaint or even aircraft.I wouldn't look at this as competition but instead as benchmarking. The only way we can improve our skills is by looking at what others did better than us. During the development of the Dauphin, we looked at how the ROTW guys had implemented several systems in their TBM, we also looked at TRI's default aircraft and, of course, PMDG's. If it weren't for them, who raised the bar, we'd simply have Bell 407 with a Dauphin "skin".My vote is that both Steve and Cord upload their Coast Guard Versions and that Roger releases whatever he was working on. Chances are that there are more of one aircraft of that same company or organization. Just make sure that the registration is different and everyone will be happy!!! ;-)As other have already proposed, what if all repainters upload whatever they have worked on regardless of whether or not someone else has uploaded it. Then, moving forward we'd coordinate who's doing what to avoid further duplications.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

Anchored by request.

Guest Steve Brown

This is a list of what I have saved and going to upload.1. New ADAC Version - Uploaded2. F2FDesign Version - Uploaded3. Coast Guard Red Version with hoist - Uploaded4. German police Version 15. German Police Version 26. Norwiegian Police version (For Jan)7. Spanish Police Version8. Italian Police Version9. British Police Version10. Lindy`s Flight Service - Completed. Hope she likes this Carribean look?11. bond Helicopters Version - Started12. Coast Guard Red/White with Hoist - UploadedSteve

Hi Guys,Interesting points...........all of them!!However..........I personally think its so important for everone to participate in our sim as often as possible,................If we don't,.... then I feel FLY's days may well be numbered. The more people contribute, the more our sim will grow and this will then attract more development by new and present developers.NO ONE will support a product that has a small market.......if we want to see FLY survive (and we ALL do),......please, please don't restrict ourselves anymore than we all ready have.Let FLY grow!!!, Paint as much as you can, and contribute as much as you want...........and don't forget...It should be FUN!!Regards to you allJohn

Hi John,This tread is NOT ment to work as a restriction.It`s only ment to avoid people to be disappointed.Some people do not like to publish a livery someone else has alreadypublished.So , if repainters let know what livery they started , there will be nobody starting a livery when he does not want to publish the same someone-else already did or is going to..It`s absolutely not a problem having more than one version of a certain livery.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,I fully understand what your saying, I just think it will become difficult keeping track of who's doing what!, without extensive forum searches, people should'nt become dissapointed if someone else is painting a similar livery, because its their Creation and they should be proud of it!.I do appreciate peoples disappoinment, but if we look at all the liveries Pete Sterling created then theres not many left for us to do!!, because he done so many. But this should not stop people creating their own versions and more importantly uploaded them so we all have a choice and chance to use them. Don't forget Pete tried to encourage this by putting together excellent tutorials.Please don't be offended by my thread it was only my way of trying to encourage more people to participate in FLY!RegardsJohnp.s. ...........don't mention the football

Guest ilove777

G'day folks!As a "part-time" painter myself I can see a few options:a) Have every painter post into the developers forum;:( Have every painter post into a newly-created forum for painters; orc) Keep posting their projects-on-the-board here.It really doesn't matter one way or the other if Person A creates a repaint of a particular aircraft that Person B did... and besides, it would give me (and others) an individual choice to fly whichever one either works and/or looks better. Tho I may get flamed for saying this... as I am sure that some out there have tweaked the few repaints I have posted here, I have tweaked others... but mostly for MY personal reasons. Would I turn around and upload those tweaked versions to the site - no, as I feel it is inappropriate. Would I perhaps contact the person who did the original and let them know - yes. Leen... that has been one of the things that I truly admired you... although at first it was frustrating I know you only wanted me to produce the best work possible and not settle for less.Don't know if this really contributes or helps in any way, but it's my $0.02USD worth of input! Cheers to you all!John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Hi John,Yes I agree, you are right about tweaking someone-elses repaint.Just doing some tweaking and keeping it for your own PC , there is nothing wrong with that.Tweaking and publishing is no good.Sometimes I do some tweaking and return the result to the original repainter.Just to give some hints in the art of repainting.Can be very frustrating I am sorry , this is tipical me.;)BTW:In my opinion there are only two ways to start a repaint.a Start from the original.b Start from a repaint you already made yourself.Never start from a repaint someone-else made beforeWhen it`s a good one, yours will be plagiarism.When it`s bad , yours will be bad too and still plagiarism.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest ilove777

Leen,I can say, from personal experience, that your tweaking has been with merit - in other words, tweaking a repaint in order to help the person attempting the repaint. Another thing that helps, I think, is when someone offers assistance (like you) credit should be given somewhere along the line... whether it's in the ReadMe file, in the post itself or somewhere... and I hope I've done that with you since you've sure done that with me!I'm currently working on a show right now here in New York so time to fly has been little to non-existent, but once we get open and I can put time into the repaints again, you can count on hearing from me again - both privately AND in the forum, too!Cheers!John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com