Sign in to follow this  
Guest paul-john

to reinstall or not to reinstall that is the question!

Guest paul-john

Hello All: I have flyII installed and found out very quikly that i needed patches however I tried to install the first patch and it errored out on me so i tried the second and the same thing happen I would realy like to fix this but i am not sure what direction to take I dont want to go back to msfs it seems to slow and clunky to me also it feels like ms has ripped afew features off from other fses if you get the meaningstarting with 2000 they put in atc with both voice and text who else had it at the time? well tri fly and fly2k as well as propilot i think looking glass did as well but all in all i like the look and feel of tri-flyPaul

Guest lucizeta

As I have enought readed in this forum, I don't remember who wrote this, another think that can help is make a copy of original 2 CD on Hard Disk in a folder.Copy there again the patches and then start all from here.With this I have solved a problem with error.Luciano - LIME

G'day Paul,Your problem has been exhaustive covered previously in the forum. In fact I think it is the singulary hottest topic.The basic problem is that there seems to be a bug in the patch loader (RT patch) when dealing with very large files.It is essential that you shut down ALL TSR'S. Nothing must be running in the background whilst you are patching.Shut down your virus checker and anything else you have running.It may also help to shut down (mute) your windows sound also. You can then switch it on again when finished patching.Follow the steps (depending on which version of Fly! II you have)in the anchored post at the top of this page and all should go well.If you do get the "old file found....." error then go no further. That patch has not been successful.I have found that running the program between patches to make no difference but for safety sake it might be better to not run the program if you are having problems.Persevere as the sim is worth the hassle. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

>I dont want to go back to msfs it seems to>slow and clunky to me also it feels like ms has ripped afew>features off from other fses if you get the meaningstarting>with 2000 they put in atc with both voice and text who else>had it at the time? As everyone else knows here............... I'm the local MSFS spy! :)I have an alarm that sounds anytime the letters "MS" are typed & the button is pushed to send! But at least you didn't use the letters "M$", because by now your PC would have been zapped! :( But regardless................ MSFS has had forms of ATC voice & text for years, years, & more years------------- no ripped features.L.Adamson ---- formally known as a Pro-Pilot "shill" by MS simmers

Guest paul-john

Well the good new is i now have all patches install(thank god)no pun intended and on to my next feat i d/l cabincall3 but it cant seem to find fly scripting where oh where might it be?

Guest paul-john

Dear Mr L.Adamson: I'am truly not sorry but if you had been here (my Apartment) about 4 months ago(just before i dumped msfs) you would have been in wonderland watching the FBI trying to find the hacker that broke into my isp using my account after many a day he's now found a new home JAIL had my computer been"zapped" I would invite those same agents over again hmmmmmmmm I truly wonder how long it would have taken them this time