Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Lies, damn lies and statistics..........2004 Avsim survey

G'day all,If you haven't already noticed, the new Avsim 2004 survey is on the front page. It's time to stand up and be counted, to show the rest of the sim community that Fly! II still has a dedicated following. :-jumpyI've just done my bit.Cheers all,Roger @YSSY

Onya Roger, I've done my bit also. Now we need another 6000 Aussies to balance the books!http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kmbrand/mypic3.JPG"Aviation combines all the elements I love:Science, Freedom, Beauty, Adventure.As a pilot we must be at least proficient in all elements" - Charles Lindbergh.

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,together with me there are actually only 25 FLY!ers in the result. I personally don't like such marketing things BUT I did it and hope all of you fill it out - AVSIM gives us a FREE service, give them back some minutes of your time. And then our counted group will grow a litte, hopefully!ThanksGeorg (EDDW)

Guest Philip Olson

I really wish that they would give us a chance to choose our second most used sim. I hate to say it but I use FS9 the most, very closely followed by Fly!2, in fact I use both almost equally but I had to honestly answer that I use FS9 the most. I have always been a multi-sim guy, and always will be, they need to include some data about that.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Yes,I agree with Roger's and Georg's opinions. We owe it to Fly to respond and also to AVSIM.Some of the questions are a little difficult to answer as they are a bit too specific as Philip says.

I went and did it, Roger... number 36! That was a very good age (a decade ago now). ;-)Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hey Roger and all,Well I did my part just now. I don't think it made much difference though. We are still above X Plane but I'm not sure that counts! Ha ha, don't flame me I'm just kidding. I have X Plane also.Thanks to all you fellow FLYers for keeping the best flight sim going. Now if I could only get that new helicopter cranked!!Take care all and God bless,Earl

Guest Eagle

OK, here is another dumb question. I keep hearing about FS9. What is FS9? I have MS flight sim 2002 Professional Edition and thought that was the latest.Is FS9 a separate program or is it included with the latest edition?

Hi, Roger.I, along with many other pilots that I interface with, that use Fly! as their primary VFR training tool, don't participate in the polls. I only hope that the developers don't use these polls as guidelines. It's interesting to see how "The other side" have gone GA-GA over some detailed roads, something we had for over 2 years here. Some day some of them may just see the light. It is my personal opinion that what we have in Fly! is still the most realistic VFR tool available to date, assuming that you use all the available after market tools and create your own scenery, if it does not exist in the Library. TV

Me also. I admit it, I am a recent defector from FS 2004. I just got tired of the crappy performance and looks. I'm now a dedicated Fly II convert and am very happy with all the mods and patches to make this beauty work. VFR all the way in FLY, FS9, even with USA roads still doesn't make a dent. Glad to be on this side of the fence. Cheers!

>Me also. I admit it, I am a recent defector from FS 2004. I>just got tired of the crappy performance and looks. I'm now a>dedicated Fly II convert and am very happy with all the mods>and patches to make this beauty work. At the moment, I have neither FLYII nor FS9 on my desktop flight simming CPU with stick & rudder pedals, as the HD died a few months ago ( it's been replaced). Just running FS9 & X-Plane on this laptop, which I seldom use for simming.But............. when I get around to it, I'll re-install both simulations. FS9 actually performs rather well for me, and looks good to; at least more than not. With add-on mesh scenery, FS9 is excellent for my mountain area flying. However FLY/FLYII is a simulation where it's panels are it's specialty. Very crisp looking with a detailed 3 dimentional look. I also, "once had", some very realistic looking screenshots that were done with FLYII using 3rd party S0-CAL photo scenery. And that............ I miss!Even X-Plane has a few good points.......:D L.Adamson