Sign in to follow this  
michal

avsim survey 2004

Guest tonyc

good observation, Rene. Our goal should be above 10%tony

he,heWhat are we suppose to do? :)Rob Young, famous in the FLY community for coming up with the V88's, went on to MSFS, and even farther improved simulated flight dynamics. The RealAir Marchetti SF260 & recently released Scout are great examples of just how good they can be!L.Adamson

Guest jjlobo

I can understand Fly! community is becoming smaller. However it is probably the case people in Fly community didn't reply to the 2004 survey. I didn't and continue to use only Fly! I don't think any more we can make Fly! live without another version or at least the intention to produce it. Otherwise, development for Fly!, in terms of add-ons, will die. It is understandable.Hope things should change and we can make it live still.JJLobo

G'day Larry,Sure for M$FS, but IMHO still hasn't bettered the dynamics of Fly! :-)Larry when are you going to grow up and stop being such a sycophant.Roger @YSSY

>G'day Larry,>>>>Sure for M$FS, but IMHO still hasn't bettered the dynamics of>Fly! :-)Ah------- bet they have!Especially with spins. And slips are superb, although I don't remember how they were with FLY. My greatest complaint with the RealAir Decathlon for FLY was that it could not break into the spin nearly fast enough when pro-spin technique was applied. It took seconds, while in MSFS (after months of programming) it's immediate.I suppose you don't have the Marchetti for MSFS either?......If so you'd know, since it's one of the better flight dynamic models --- anywhere---.>Larry when are you going to grow up and stop being such a>sycophant.Just read this to the wife. She say's it still hasn't happened in 34 years of marriage............... so I don't know...L.AdamsonP.S.--- Do you have a problem with Rob Young's advancing development in simulated models? It seems as though you deny what's possible...

Guest tonyc

Ha, the good old debates. The FLY2 boys( and gals) are down to the last few hardcore fans of FLY. There has to be a reason why we choose to use this sim. It does not necessarily make us right, but shouldn't we have the right to feel that this is the best flight sim in the world? Robert Young and PMDG( as well as others) have had to make practical decisions as to where their work would get the most money for their efforts. However, One would have thought that by now , with all of the 1000's of people working on fs9 that the sim would be beyond perfect......, and yet....;-)Larry, for sometime I've been delving into the panel and now in the aircraft modeling. It's nice to know that FLY2 represents a challenge alltogether different--not for the potential users, but just for the fun of it. And when I get tired, I fly and fly and fly.tony

> It does not necessarily make>us right, but shouldn't we have the right to feel that this is>the best flight sim in the world? In the last four years or so, I've run all versions of FLY, MSFS, and X-Plane. I'll even through in the somewhat limited Flight Unlimited series.Now................ In my ( very respected :)) opinion, somewhere along the line, each one of these simulations offer something that the other does not. For instance, when TerraScene II was the "hit" for creating topography for FLY------ it became my most used simulation because I could easily create mountainous areas. These days, the 3rd party mesh for FS004 is easy, quite accurate, and now my choice, because I don't care to create the vast files I once had.You see, I don't feel like I have to stick with one sim for the "sake of it". That would be like sticking with Pro-Pilot just because I once preferred it over MSFS. And as I mentioned in a previous post, I'll probably re-install FLYII along with FS2004 on this computer's new HD. In the meantime, it's probably been a month or more with no simulated flight at all. The reality is, (time wise)I need to get the kit plane finished or it's just a lot of money thrown into a deep pit. Then maybe I too, can "fly and fly and fly"! :)L.Adamson

Guest tonyc

Now you're talking, Larry. Go for the real thing. YOu're right about each sim having its strong points and, by the way, I've got aall the sims. I stick to FLY2 because of habit and comfort--not necessarily because it's the best. I used that term "best" mostly to point out that , as in life, so many things are relative, and there's nothing wrong with someone thinking that his "house" is better than the neighbor's. Just don't let the neighbor hear it. I guess these forums at times act as if our neighbors can hear us.;-)tony

Guest Keyton_Cabral

Hi Rene,I'm here but didn't vote. :)Sorry,Keyton

>Sure for M$FS, but IMHO still hasn't bettered the dynamics of>Fly! :-)Fly! dynamics were good but certainly not better than the best FD available today on some of the best FS aircraft. Also FLY's bizjet Hawker always had terrible flight dynamics and I think finally Rob Young managed to make it 'ok' at some point. Certainly Fly's Navajo was the best of the stock but you get the same quality of dynamics in Flight1's Meridian. Michael J.

I figure that someone who still has an interest in FLY/FLYII as their main simming experience (which is fine)................ isn't going to purchase "payware" airplanes for FS2004. It's the same with X-Plane & FUIII owners who make comments regarding MSFS, but have not actually bought & used models such as the Flight1 Meridian, RealAir SF260, or Dreamfleet ArcherII.P.S. ---- A bit off subject, but on the FUIII forum, which I don't usually read........ they were posting pics of FS2004 add-on Mega Scenery versus FUIII in the SFO area which is probably Half Moon Bay, to see which looked the most real.But if my HD hadn't died, along with all my sim pics, I'd have posted one of those FLYII/So-Cal photo scenery shots that would put the other two to "shame"! The other sims were using a form of photo-real also.L.Adamson

Hi Larry,"I figure that someone who still has an interest in FLY/FLYII as their main simming experience (which is fine)................ isn't going to purchase "payware" airplanes for FS2004."Sorry, not true! I have and use(nearly)all the sims, and I also purchased the Flight1 Meridian, which I love and think is a hell of an aircraft. Also the Aeroworx B2oo is fantastic, but still FLY has it's own flair, and especially the community here, is unbeatable.:-) Wish I only had more time to use them all.....:-violin