Sign in to follow this  
michal

avsim survey 2004

Hello Larry,I got to pipe in too on this one. I still use FlyII quite a bit... ROTW's TBM700 can stand head to head with any other payware craft from this pilot's point of view. And I also use FS9, have basically all GA and corporate payware aircraft available and love them for what they do. FS9 just has so much eye candy type features you have to admire it, but for practicing real flying FlyII still has it beat.Just my opinion of course!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

> FS9 just has so>much eye candy type features you have to admire it, but for>practicing real flying FlyII still has it beat.>I always say........Why seperate "eye candy" from real flight...Afterall, it's what made TerraSceneII so popular for FLY. It's the reason I quit using "ON TOP" in favor of MSFS, Pro-Pilot, and FLY for IFR practice. It's also the reason I spent money in the Caribbean for a float plane excursion, and plan to take my own aircraft to the Bahama's & Alaska. As well as my love for mountain flight where I live.I say, bring on the "eye candy"! I'd never have pursued real flight, or built an airplane if flight just consisted of sitting in a dark box & faithfully flying to instruments from takeoff to landing.Nothing personal; the term "eye candy" just always gets to me... :)L.Adamsonedit --- attachments from previous post

Guest richpress

I wouldn't get too hung up about all this. A lot of FLY ers are probably like me and go straight to the FLY forum without looking at anything else on the AVSIM web site. I missed the survey altogether.Richard.

>A lot of FLY ers>are probably like me and go straight to the FLY forum And a lot of MSFS users also probably missed this survey for the same reasons. Therefore I don't think the data is somehow skewed one way or the other. But why despair ? FLY's market share seems 10 times larger than X-Plane's and considering that X-Plane is a "living" title this is not a bad result. Not bad at all.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg