Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

Just Curious,...Which aircraft you all FLY!!

Hi Everyone,I'm interested in knowing which aircraft you actually use in FLYII (Which ones you fly frequently). Is it any of FlyII's default aircraft, or a 3rd party aircraft perhaps!!Which do you prefer and why?

John,I fly all the default aircraft with the exception of the Hawker.I also fly the PMDG 757 and 777, the Beechcraft 1900 ,Dauphin and Staggerwing. I don't know why I haven't tried the Hawker.I have also installed some of the other planes but haven't really tried them.My choice on any particular day usually depends on where I wish to fly to or from.

Guest tonyc

b727 for its docile flight dynamics.tony

Hello John,I almost always use ROTW's Socata TBM700 as this is the only place you will find a good simulation of it. Have flown the real thing and someday hope to own one, I did a review a while back posted on flightsim.com. I have PMDG's 757 and 777, RealAir's Decathlon/Citabria and think they are pretty well done, RealAir's reworked flight dynamics for the default Cessna 172 is also a good change.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

John,I do not have one special favorite aircraft.Maybe it`s the Pa19 by ROTW , maybe the Mustang(ROTW) or the Navajo.I prefer the more simple aircraft and I think they are the nearest to reality in a flightsimulator for a home-computer.For me ( it`s just my opinion ) it`s better to have a panel with mostparts actually working than having a huge lot of knobs and switchesbeing only partially active.Simply said , I am a propellor-guy in love with small aircraft.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day John,Geez mate that's a tough question; almost as difficult as the Avsim survey. :-lol I have downloaded every aircraft type from the Avsim library and on any given occasion I might randomly select any one aircraft for a flying session. If pushed to name the most commonly flown aircraft I would have to say the B707-338C Qantas repaint.My reasons for this are not that it is somehow superior or better in any way than other aircraft but simply preferred for sentimental reasons. I spent 18 years working on heavies and I guess I've just grown to love the 707. Also I prefer IFR flying over long distances.To me simming is all about escapism/fun :-) Cheers, Roger @YSSY

Guest Mats_Frisk

Hi John!This is a very hard question to answer because so many aircraft in FLY II is wonderful.I like those small, but realistic things, that adds a lot to the realism of it all. For example the (from outside visible) moving engine cowling on the Navajo, or the feathering prop on the Malibu Mirage.Sadly enough dose the electrical system on the Hawker not work as it did in Fly! There you could se that the APU gave AC (115 volts) when it was running. That is not no longer working (in my computer) in FLY II.I dont like to do this ;-) because there are som many good crafts for this sim, but here is a list of my 3 favourite aircrafts:1. Hawker2. Socata (ROTW)3. P-51 Mustang (ROTW)RegardsMats

I fly all of the default aircraft, though I don't fly the Skyhawk much anymore. It's a great aircraft, but unlike the others, I flew it in the real world - for me, part of the magic of flight simulation is to work with more advanced aircraft that I never got the opportunity to handle in real life. I prefer IFR, when the aircraft can handle it.In the add-on area, I especially enjoy the TBM700 - this Socata has to be one of the finest achievements in flight-simming. I love the way she "feels" and the realistic performance envelope. I don't know how many of you have landed this beauty in crosswinds, but it's amazing how well she responds.Other favorites would be the Real Air Citabria/Decathlon set and the Staggerwing.Though I'm not into heavies, I do own the PMDG757 & 777 models - just haven't had much opportunity yet to learn their systems.

Randall Rocke

Guest jjlobo

I mostly fly! II Navajo and PA28. When I want a faster flight I mostly use DC9.Mustang for aerobatics, some times.Just few flights with 757.JJLobo

Hi John, Yes - a tough question. Right now am continuing to test my Seawind, so that's the one I fly most. Past that, I usually go for the Pilatus, Malibu, ROTW's wonderful PA28 or TBM700 - and sometimes the Navajo. ROTW and F2FDesign are working on the Seneca with Peter Sidoli, so that one will be amongst my favs once released. Sometime in the future, we will also be working on the Andrew Farnaby / Rob Young Learjet for Fly!II, so that one can be added. Have not really tried the Cessna Citation X, and if I go Heavy, I usually fly the 727. I keep hoping for the ATR42 from ROTW to resume and finish, cause I really like this regional twin-prop!Something I'd love to see is another amphibious plane - Lake Renegade comes to mind... :-hahCheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest swathdiver

Did a lot of flying in the early days of the sim in the Navajo and 172, then the Hawker and PC12. Enjoy the 727 and 757 but not into the big aircraft as I do not have enough time to learn all of their systems and lack the time for a hops more then an hour usually. In the past year I've put a lot of hours on the PA-28 and Staggerwing, really like that tail dragger! And then I decided to figure out the TBM700, I'm in love, she's wonderful to fly, my last 15 hops have been in that one! James BurnsHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Steve Brown

My number one at the moment is ...... the Dauphin, what else ;-) As the planes go, Giorgio`s 737 & Eurofighter. Any GA like the Katana. But Im a prop guy like Leen realy.Why? I like them! Thats it.But I want a larger Helicopter, then a small one (very little) Sly hint! (Steve goes off to visit F2FDesign website) :-lol http://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ysomdesign/banner.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi John,to support the rotorheads I will tell you what I like most (actually):1. Helos, first of all the Dauphin but also the Bell 407 (modified in many points) - most of my FLY!ing time2. SAAB 340 (not finished but Cord made me an OLT livery, that company flies from EDDW, I often see that craft at the local airport and I like turboprops)3. Piper Pa L18C (Repaint Leen) or Pa19 SuperCup ROTW Katana (not finished) Corduan4. Eurofighter (not very serious, 1.just for fun: do it on the nap of the earth in mountaineous area 2. to inspect my scenery-work, get quick around)And now I'll try .. the new Schleicher ASW25 glider - might be something I forget all the other aircraft for some time!RegardsGeorg