Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

practise, practise.......and more practise.

G'day all,Just a pic of a practise aircraft I'm attempting with 3dmax.Anyone an idea as to what it is supposed to be? Cheers,Roger @yssy

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Roger,Don't know! but keep it coming there aren't that many airplane developers for fly left.......Take care,

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,very interesting to see that "design process".Is it a Piper PA 31 Navajo? There are some differences (tail, front)but much of the shape (and those typical side windows) is identical.Anyway, keep us informed about your work, I am very interested!RegardsGeorg (EDDW)

Guest tonyc

Keep it up, Roger.I've been deep in 3d max and fs design studio for my Electra model.I've managed to render it in FLY2, but it's not easy. Have much to learn still. I will get the baby out one of these days....

G'day Jarno,No reason to despair! I could name 3 or 4 active forum members that would love to produce aircraft; it's the steep learning curve that keeps getting in the way. :-lol Oh well; one step at a time.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day George,Nope it's not (meant to be) a Piper Navajo. :-) My former employer has just purchased an old Navajo Chieftain and a Cessna 340 so one of those may very well become the model that I finally settle on. My reasoning being purely availability of data and and having access to the real aircraft.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Tony,>I've managed to render it in FLY2,Well done! Texturing is a nightmare to me. :-) >but it's not easy. Have much to learn still. I will get the baby out one of these>days....Know exactly how you feel. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."Well I feel I've taken the first step - but there's zillions of steps to go :-lolCheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Alex,AH! here's a man that knows his ladies :-)Near enough Alex, it's actually a very early Queen Air model 65. The vertical stabilizer shows its age.Attached is an A80/B80 . The raked back stabilizer is a dead give away. The A80/B80 have the extended wing. (about 5' extra span).I'm just plugging away keeping myself occupied. :-lolCheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,The flight school where I learned to fly had a B80 and I flew it a couple of times. That's why it looked familiar.Really nice bird! I wish I had a manual for it...Do you plan to make a panel?Let me know if you need any help!Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,Whoa there !! Slow down. I doubt that I will put this into Fly!II as I don't have access to the real aircraft. This Queen Air is just practise getting the hang of 3dsmax. That said, I will store it away for a rainy day just in case. :-)I have always considered the Beechcraft aircraft as the "Rolls Royce" of GA aircraft. They are well built sturdy aircraft that look good and go like the clappers to boot! Just a step above the typical Piper/Cessna aircraft. At my previous employment we had a Baron B58 that cruised at 200 Kts. I flew in it (as passenger) quite a few times.My former workplace has just purchased a couple of aging old aircraft. A Piper Navajo Chieftain and a Cessna 340 so it looks like I will have access to those for photography and technical data. It will probably be the Cessna 340 that I finally chose to model.Thanks for the offer of help re the panel. Whatever panel is used I'm going to need a LOT of help. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

I am working on an Electra e10, like the one flown by Aehart. I, too, am trying to build it while learning 3d max. I've gotten to the animation of the ailerons( in 3d max), and I hope to have this baby out soon. If I get it out, it will be as one plain texture and all stock fly2 systems. We need a twin taildragger just for the romance and to land in some of those wonderfully modeled airports, thanks to Steve Brown. So, if you read this, Alejandro, maybe I could use some help in animation, that is, to set them right in 3d max so that I can import the model in Fly2. The learning and the struggle is why I am doing it, so there's a side of me that does not want help.....tony