Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

French Panther

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Leen,Some news about the blue one you shown a few weeks ago ?- roland -

Guest tonyc

Hi Leen. I've working hard on a 3d model of the Lockeed Electra L10.Soon we will need a very nice aluminum texture....tony

Guest roland_lfor

It's a shame as I prefer the blue version :-(Do you mean the blue one does not exist ?- roland -

I am sorry Roland,It`s the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.The Panthers and Dauphins without camouflage are (very) blueish-grey.The camouflaged ones happen to be two-tone-grey only.I agree , the blue one is more appealing to the eye.Making a blue one would mean, making a fantasy-livery.RegardsLeenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84058.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Roland ,Yes this picture pointed me into the blueish direction.That`s why I started a blue one.Making a study of the Panthers from the 36Th Flottille made me realise they are grey.Due to the fact , the Panther is almost colorless grey, on photos it tends to take the color of the surrounding scenery.Photgraphed in a green wood they look greenish.Under a very blue sky they look blueish.At sunset they almost are near to orange.I think they choosed this grey camouflage because of its almostcameleonish behaveour.Official discription says TWO-TONE-GREYhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84071.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Then I would say : as usual we see in pictures only what we want to see ! (what we would like the real world to be)Thanks for the explanations Leen.- roland -

Bonsoir Roland,Your are right there.The only problem I still have is :I am NOT absolutely sure about the color.The theory I follow ( and the pictures available on the Internet)makes sense to me , and I only regret the fact I am not able to write a letter to the French Marine and ask for a clear definition of the colors, or colored scemes.So , and forgive me the liberty for asking , .....Could you give this a try for me??Salut amicaleLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Leen,I've send a mail this morning asking information about the 365 F (version camoufl

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Leen,I've send the 2 pictures you have post here (blue and grey) with the mail.I've received an answer today, but nothing very accurate :-(They says : "About the panther AS565, the blue model seems to be more realist but should be lighter...""Pour le Panther AS565, la mod