Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Innstaling MSFS scenery

Guest LN-NPQ

Hi all! As you see I'm a newbie in this game. So I have a question I'll you can answer.I'm trying to install a MSFS scenery with FS_IMP, but I can't do I right :( The scenery I'm trying to install is Norway_Airports. It contains 32 airports and I think that is why don't do it rightI will try to explain to you what I have done now:1. Downloaded FS_IMP and unzipped it into the main Fly!2 folder2. Maked the following folder strucktre, because I don't have the scenery innstaled in MSFS:C:Documents And SettingsAndreasDesktopFS2000...FS2000Scenery...SceneryNORAP...NORAPScenery + textureScnery.cfg is in the Fs2000 main folder and the scenery is in scenery and texture folders.3. I downloaded BGLZIP and unzipped it into my desktop4. Started FS_IMP.exe and choose BGLZIP and Scenery.cfg5. Pressed the BGL list button. The this happend:Parsing config file 'fs_imp.txt', list=0, run=0scenery.cfg= C:Documents and SettingsAndreasSkrivebordFS2000SCENERY.CFGmain= C:Documents and SettingsAndreasSkrivebordFS2000Generating BGL list file fs_impbg.txt, please wait ...AddBGL("C:Documents and SettingsAndreasSkrivebordFS2000SCENERYNORAPSCENERYAF2_ENVD.bgl")= not gt_min other B, areas= 0, flen= 1125(The above starting with AddBGL, came for every aiport)Found a total of 147 suitable BGL filesAdded ' 41683ada' to config file6. I've tried to things in this step:6.1 Just press Generate after pressing the BGL list button6.2 Wrote an airport pressed the Airport button, and then GenerateWhen I started up Fly!2 and tried to choose on of the airports FS_IMP had "Generated" nothing happend. I just got an message where it stood: "No Airport whit this name found"If you wonder what I have written in Scenery.cfg:[Area.067]Title=Norway_AirportsLocal=SCENERYNORAPRemote=Layer=067Active=TRUERequired=FALSEI'm out of solutions now, and would you please try to help me!!!

never mind ----I see your actually trying to install MSFS scenery to FLY. I have NO idea.

Not too sure, but I think you should modify your scenery.cfg file to say the entire path to your scenery files:Local=C:Documents and SettingsAndreasDesktopFS2000sceneryNORAPSceneryAlso, did you find and install wbglzip and point FS_IMP to that file? The read-me file informs you where to get that... though I just did a search on WBGLZIP from Yahoo and found the file.Hope this helps a little! FS_IMP does work, but if the scenery is made from GMAX models, it will not work.Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest podjo

Hi NPQ!Your area definition in scenery.cfg seems ok as FS_IMP has found some BGL files. The Local= is also ok since it is relative to your main folder C:Documents and SettingsAndreasSkrivebordFS2000The reports for every airport are also ok. These files mentioned are AFCAD2 files for artificial intelligent traffic, and are not parsed by FS_IMP. For example: "C:Documents and SettingsAndreasSkrivebordFS2000SCENERYNORAPSCENERYAF2_ENVD.bgl"The Norway scenery is very large and so it is recommended to generate it airport-by-airport as you tried. Otherwise the generate may take a considerable time ?To do this, type in the ICAO code in the upper left input field. Press "Airport". This should show you the airport name in the read-only field to the right. At the "Tiles" input field (down 2) the Fly! tile number that contains this airport should be shown.By pressing "Generate" now, all FS BGL files that are in this tile should be converted. If you have "neighbours" checked then this tile and its neighbours (9 in total) will be generated.eg:- give in ENGM at the top left field and press "Airport"- read-only field looks similar to: ENGM,,OSLO GARDERMOEN,NO23865- "Tiles" input field looks like: tile 7 181- make sure that at least "3D Scenery" is checked- Press "Generate"A DOS box should open and show the progress ...You could use the search utility on this forum to look for FSImp, or FS_IMP, and so find threads with similar themes.Padraic Podjo Morgan.P.S.Another general point that has given problems before: if you get "file not found" messages in the DOS box and no conversion has occured then try renaming the application file "...fly! IIfs_impBUILD(.EXE)" to ___BUILD(.EXE) for example. FS_IMP now works in multiple DOS windows, looks messy but can solve problems on some machines.

Guest tonyc

Hey, Padriac. We miss some updates to the software. would love to have the option to import all fs2000 default scenery...:-)tony