Sign in to follow this  
lilsmoke

No scripts in flyscripts! directory

I have installed flyscripts v2.0 along with c4tov 2.0. All patches are in game 2.5.240 and no probs with game. I just get a message when trying to start c4 that there are no scripts in flyscript directory.I have read the readme and all documentation associated,but i still dont understand how u get a script to put in the directory.Does the game provide it or what?I dont understand any of this language.I do have a few quirks about the game,but I dont think they have anything to do with what is going on.I will describe them.I have not been able to make the stearman acft work,although it has a pic of it in the acft selection.I instlled the files,but it caused an error in start up,so i deleted em.When i just tried to see what files would maybe be the prob with c4 by moving em to pc or flyscripts! folder,I got and error of not being able to load stearman acft.this was when i put flyscripts.dll frm pc to flyscripts,putting it back couses on errors,game loads and works but of course no scripts in flyscripts directory.thks Leon

Leon,Indeed, in order for Flyscripts! to do anything there has to be a script to run - in this case, the script files that came with C4TO. These files should be copied to the Flyscripts folder, as stated in the instructions: atccfg.fsc and c4tov20.fse.A couple of other items to check:1. Make certain the Flyscripts! directory includes the "!" at the end.2. Make certain the atcsound.pod, dnvoice.pod, and rrvoice.pod were moved or copied to the taxiways subfolder.3. The latest version of Flyscripts is 2.01

Randall Rocke

Thks for ur response. Everything is as u state and it still says their arent any scripts in directory.

Hmmmm...What about the "case" of the letters? Does Flyscripts! appear as I have it here with the "F" in capital and the rest of the letters lower-case?What about the files in the Flyscripts! directory? Are they all lower-case with no capitalization?

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Do you have the flyscripts.dll in the FlyIIModules folder?

Guest Eagle

In the FlyII/Flyscripts! folder you should have the following:atccfg.fscc4tov20.logcrtov20.fseWhen you start FlyII you can press ALT-F12 to load the program. You can then press ALT-F10 to see if the scripts files have loaded. It will show in a box at the top of the screen.There should be no files in the FlyII/Scripts folder pertaining to this program.

No log file as their is no log file in the original folder of c4tov20 either.Does any of the other c4 prog have the log file?

The log file is created when Flyscripts! is successfully run the first time.

Randall Rocke

OK , try this...change all of the script files to upper-case and try again: ATCCFG.FSC & C4TOV20.FSE.

Randall Rocke

Sorry to hear that - it's one of the best. Well, for now set the case of the file names back to normal - I had just recalled when someone had a similar problem and it responded when the case was changed. It was a long time ago, so I couldn't remember the sequence.Last questions - did you create a flight plan in the planner before attempting to start C4TO? Without a flight plan, no script is available. Also, the flight plan must have at least one waypoint beside the departure and arrival, and the plan altitude must be set at the departure waypoint.

Randall Rocke

thks for ur help. Yes, I did a flight plan and the weather and opened it before i pressed alt f-12. 1 last ?,I did a sit. flight plan,would that make a diff? Wouldnt think so. Ill try my own plan once and see. Let u know if it works.