Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

CRT Refresh

I have a new Dell Dimension 8300 PC with a 128 MB ATi RADEON 9800 PRO Graphics Card.The CRT Refresh Rate is 120 Hz. If I start Fly 2 the CRT Refresh Rate goes down from 120Hz to 60 Hz.What can I do, to get my normal CRT Refresh Rate from 120 Hz during the Fly 2 session?My Render.ini[Graphics]mipLevelCount=5vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=20maxTextures32_565=20maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=110maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=85maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0Can anyone help me?Thanks

Guest tonyc

It's simple, Heinz. Your video card properties provides you with a "refresh rate overide" option. Change , for example, the resolution that your normally run your computer, let's say 1024x 768 "default" frequency to 100mhz. This will guarantee that the frequency will always run at 100mhz, even under FLY2. If you a Nvidia and still have trouble, I'll take some snap shots for you and show you. Let me know.tony

Guest tonyc

I am not sure, but the new frequency should be a "customized" frequency as opposed to the normally default ones. I suspect that it's not a video card issue, but the graphics interface that ATI provideswith the drivers. Since it's a standard interface, be sure to check very carefully. You don't need 120 or 100mhz, but clearly the "default" FLY2 flickers too much.Don't give up. Let me know.Tony

Hi Tony,I never give up! The problem is solved. I' ve changed the renderer in the start option of fly2 from Direct X 8 to Direct X 7. Now the CRT-Refresh is 120 Hz.