Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Fly!2k video problem

Guest RichL

Hi all,I've been absent from this forum for quite a while. I left shortly after Fly!2 was released.Recently, after an upgrade from a TNT Ultra to a GeForce2 Ti I developed problems with Fly!2k. The software starts OK but a few seconds after I enter into the simulation I get a "an unknown D3D error has occurred" and then of course Fly! freezes and I have to "end task". Is Fly!2K compatable with the GeForce2 Ti? Is there a setting in a config file that needs to be changed in order to use this card? Any help would be appreciated. My directx version is 8.2.Thanks,Richard Lovison

Try this:Remove render.ini ( keep a copy ) from the FLYII directory and restart FLYII again.You could also try to disable anti-aliaising in your video-card-settings.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

My GeForce 4 Ti 4600 runs Fly!2K beautifully - it's been some time ago, but I did make a new VCF file to run it. Of course, Fly! has to run long enough to initiate the video test sequence - I would certainly give Leen's suggestion a try to get started.I had no problems with DirectX 8.2 - am now using DX 9. An important thing...did you reinstall DirectX after updating or changing video drivers? There have been some cases where if DX was updated after a driver update, some video items/programs didn't work properly until the video drivers were reinstalled after the DX update.

Randall Rocke

Guest RichL

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I tried the render.ini thing and also tried removing anti-aliasing but still I get the same error and freeze-up.Btw, I made a mistake, my version of directx is 8.1. I tried reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia and still no go. :(Richard>My GeForce 4 Ti 4600 runs Fly!2K beautifully - it's been some>time ago, but I did make a new VCF file to run it. Of course,>Fly! has to run long enough to initiate the video test>sequence - I would certainly give Leen's suggestion a try to>get started.>>I had no problems with DirectX 8.2 - am now using DX 9. An>important thing...did you reinstall DirectX after updating or>changing video drivers? There have been some cases where if>DX was updated after a driver update, some video>items/programs didn't work properly until the video drivers>were reinstalled after the DX update.

G'day Richard,I don't know if anyone has come up with a fix but I found that Fly!2k wouldn't work with any Nvidia driver later than the 45.23 driver on my FX 5900 card.Edit: Sorry Richard I just realised that you have a geForce2 TI card, I'm not sure whether that has the same problems as the FX series. Try using that driver and then selecting "DirectX 6 compatible (AGP)" in the graphic setup screen. Works like a dream for me.My current setup is Win98SE , directX 9.0, FX 5900 video card and 45.23 driver.DirectX 8.1 should be fine.Cheers,Roger @YSSY