Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Fly! Forum Activity

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tom,You really scared me for a while. But I'm glad to hear what you just posted.I totally agree with Randy, this is THE place that I most frequently visit on the Internet, period. Sometimes I'm not as active but that's because of family, word or school obligations.I'd hate to ever see this wonderful and healthy (in every sense) community disappear.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Tom,Before you even consider shutting this forum down you should first zap the ProPilot forum. Talking about a useless forum whose only claim to fame are short-final jokes. :-lolLast I checked FLY! still had a bigger market share than X-Plane (per Avsim's last poll). Michael J.

Now don't go trying to start anything Michael. You know better than that. I am emotionally attached to both. :)

Guest chezz

Hi Tom,Though I'm not posting often in this forum but, everyday I checked this forum hoping to see new aircraft and sceneries developed and uploaded to the library. Almost everyday after work I fire-up FLY2 and had a short flight. It still is my flightsim of choice.Thanks to steve brown, randall, tony, ROTW too many to mention and all the FLY2 folks in keeping this sim FLYing.chris- CA

Guest rene_35

I don't think that the real problem is the number of "active" fly!ers (i.e flyers who post on our forums) but the possibility to increase the number of all the fly!ers. And the unique solution is to obtain from TRI (or Take2 or anybody else) the possibility to provide (free or not) a clean copy (that means a FLY!2 v2.50 with a lot of add'ons and fixed modules) of this sim.Here (in France), we have tried to contact Take2-France and TRI: no answer!Mister Allensworth, do you have the possibility to contact them and to obtain something? That will be a beautifull and positive action, don't you think?Ren

Guest jjlobo

I really admire your strength around Fly!. You certainly makes my heart beat a little more confident Fly! will still be around. I love this sim..Regards to all of you___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest tonyc

I think if someone could fix the plug in for FSDS, airplane design would multiply exponentially. The plug in should be simple. In fact, the plug in does a great job making and texturing a plane from a simple dfx msfs2000-2 file. It cannot animate the moving parts, and this is where some work is needed.The panel maker is great--if we could only get mathews to clean it up a little.My experience with aircraft design has been as follows:3dmax: great , but steep and expensive learning curvefsds: cheap, but limitedPanel maker: fantastic, but needs a bit more work.If we could get the FSimport to import all of the fs default scenery...If we could have some more work done to the autogen to populate the default scenery...So, we are almost there....tony

Guest tonyc

Before Richard passed away, I wrote to Tom about available documentation that might be of interest to the FLY2 community.....Perhaps his wife......tony

Guest Steve Brown

Many many thanks Tom :-) I think looking at this in a broader viewpoint, most of the frustration lies with Tri/Take2 as Rene` rightly says. I understand the legalities of all this, and think giving us the code needed or the use of it, very unlikely, but not impossible. Our French Team, ROTW and Multi-national team, F2FDesign have powerful potential to do much much more. Its sad these guys (Tri/Take2) dont even give us a Yes or No....Many of the Fly forum have invested money and even much more time than anyone could emagine. This is our passion, we love Fly and have grown up in learning with it. We are very proud of what Richard and his team have done, and miss his help and dedication bitterly.But... Fly could not be were it is today, if it wasnt in part to Avsim. This is our nest, we brood in it, we feed from it and some of us Fly from it as real world pilots. I for one have grown fat from its produce :-lol Thankyou Tom and the Team at Avsim... we love you (in a Brotherly kind of way ;-) )Steve (Cookie) Brown :-) My Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ysomdesign/banner.jpg