Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

Back off holidays......time to get motivated

G'day all,Back from an absolutely fantastic holiday - got the sun tan to prove it :-) Just a few aviation pics that I hope might inspire. Any one wanting to make a beaver cockpit ? I may be able to help with photos. I hope the quality of the uploaded pics is not degraded too much as I had to be quite vicious on them to achieve the Avsim size limit.1. The livery says it all.2. Not a bad way to transfer to a resort. "experience the difference". I'm converted :-)3. The pilots claim it's irreplaceable as a workhorse.4. Heli-pad Fiji style.5. Can you id this helicopter.OK inspirational speech over. Time for me to heed my own advice and get back to texturing the Beech model 65.Cheers all,Roger @YSSY

G'day Flyfisher,All taken with an aging Nikon coolpix 880. 2 1/2 years old. With the rapid development in digital cameras that's aging. :-) It's a medium res 3.34 Megapixel compact digital camera. If you are contemplating a new camera I would definitely recommend going digital, especially if you want to put images into Fly!II. The prices of digital cameras have fallen dramatically since I purchased mine. ( isn't that always the case. :-lol ) Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Steve,Glad you got the files OK. I can't remember the fix but I'm sure that your problem with the aircraft sinking into the ground on runways at Liverpool can be fixed. I vaguely remember doing some beta testing for Danny Vickers and reported this problem to him. The basic problem is that you are placing the runway on a sloping ground. ( Fly! thinks all runways are dead level! :-) ) Try posting in the developers forum and see if someone can assist you.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Bart

I already have a Beaver built Roger, inards and outers, just need the time to finish it up. I'll send you some of it if you want to work on it :)c ya :)Bart

G'day Roger,Welcome back to reality. I'm glad you had a chance to go to this place. It looks like a dream come true kind of place! Great pics. Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm looking forward to your new plane. So when are you going to have the place modeled for FLYII?Take care,Earl