Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

Aircrafts night textures

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I haven't found any tag that can show night textures for aircrafts models in any "world" folder files as static models have (kmnn instead of kmnd ... or sothing close to that).I preapared a dll that enables night textures : the idea is from Giorgio.I hope this feature can be useful for any of you ... but maybe ther's a tag that do that anyway ...laurent (rotw)[Very soon on simvol site and avsim library]

Guest laurentC

Well,As FRED38 (rotw) pointed out to me, you actually can have night textures ://///////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Visual Aircraft Models // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// ---- daytime models ---- ---- begin models ---- ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112.acm 200 ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112.acm 50 ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112.acm 10 ---- low poly shadow model ---- shdw JOD112.acm ---- end models ---- ---- nighttime models ---- ---- begin models ---- ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112N.acm 200 ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112N.acm 50 ---- model entry ---- comp JOD112N.acm 10 ---- low poly shadow model ---- shdw JOD112N.acm ---- end models ---- -- End of File -- 'nlod' instead of 'dlod', see ?So why don't we have nice ones around ?Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest roland_lfor

In fact, I think that PMDG 757 have night textures with Pete Sterling repaints- roland -

Guest flystudio3d

After a long trip, I cannot avoid to see the night texture on the plane, and so... voil

Guest laurentC

Hi Giorgio,Nice ! Very nice ...As we actually have those night textures programmatically through LOD scripts, I'm thinking about a dll that shows night textures according the cockpit lights buttons settings : all black without battery "on" and so on ...... but need time to do such program.Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Giorgio and all,Done : the dll shows up to 4 night texture according to cockpit light selection.I'll send them very soon here and in our simvol site...Cheers,laurent (rotw)

G'day Laurent, Is that just a modification of the *.LOD file in the world folder?I guess if it is then we see some nice night textures for aircraft in the future. It's amazing that new features of Fly! are still being discovered. Thanks for this very informative bit of info.Cheers,Roger

G'day Giorio, You are indeed a truly gifted/skilled 3d modelist and now with night lights your aircraft is just.... magnificent.Very, very nice.Just out of curiosity.... do the airstairs fold up and retract?Cheers Roger

Guest flystudio3d

Thank you so much for nice words :-) About stair it has a complete animation but there will be several news :-) Stay tunedCheers GiorgioTo Laurent:Thank you for the new DLL you are doing to enhance the exterior night view.

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Actually I didn't find anotrher way to use LOD file ... this is the read me file I'm working on :.../...Default TRI aircrafts have different distance models and texture files for both daylight and night but while TRI textures are identical for electrical subsystems, this dll renders up to 4 different night textures according to the cockpit switches. The example enclosed is for the TRI Pilatus with detailed instructions.***********************************************************************Install :- NightModel_v2.0.dll in ...modulespc folderand as an example of use- TEST_NightMdl_0.ACM in ...models folder- TEST_NightMdl_0.TIF in ...art folder- TEST_NightMdl_1.ACM in ...models folder- TEST_NightMdl_1.TIF in ...art folder- TEST_NightMdl_2.ACM in ...models folder- TEST_NightMdl_2.TIF in ...art folder- PILATUS.AMP in ...world folder***********************************************************************Usage :- nothing special to do : cool, isn't it ?***********************************************************************TEXTURE ARTIST INSTRUCTIONS***********************************************************************You can prepare up to 4 night textures (even though I used only 3 textures with my example).These textures show the aircraft according to the switches in the cockpit.As an example we should have a "all black" texture, a texture with the main panel illuminated , a texture when taxi and land lights are "on", a texture with flying illuminated livery.These are just examples even though we should always have almost the "all black" texture as default.NB : if no night textures are provided, the dll uses the default day (or LOD file night). AMP file :The dll is called through the amp file with this script (tag ) -- -- ntmd TEST Where is the name root for night texture files (read below).Each night texture is called by a unique identifier called ntx0 ---> dark texture or no light texture ntx1 ---> texture 1 ntx2 ---> texture 2 ntx3 ---> texture 3As ntx0 is the default "black" texture, you don't need to call it explicitely. Prepare only calls scripts for ntx1, ntx2, ntx3 for the dll uses the ntx0 texture when no other texture is called.NB : you can't change the name of these identifiers. Texture calls :Example -- -- genI ntx1 <++++> -- Add Values -- -- Value Message -- avo1 -- Value Message -- avo2 avo1 avo2 <_AND> This script adds avionics switches values (2 in the Pilatus) so the ntx1 is "0" without any avionic switches flicked or "1" or "2" if any. The texture is called when > 0.[Note that ntx1 checks also for eBus]ntx2 cheks for land, taxi or nav lights in the same way.The dll checks first the third call ntx3, then the ntx2 and so on : if any of these calls is >0 the texture is called without any more check for the other ntx lower calls ! So we have an inverted hierarchie texture call 3-2-1-0.Textures names :Use the value as root and add " _NightMdl_n " to the end.Examples with "TEST" TEST_NightMdl_0.ACM TEST_NightMdl_1.ACM TEST_NightMdl_2.ACM TEST_NightMdl_3.ACMFINALLY :- Night Models can be produced from LOW, MEDIUM or HIGHT day model files(in my example I took the PILATUS HIGHT one and I slightly modify the TIFs because I'm not skilled enough for that). I think we should ever use hight textures to get a beatiful night texture, aren't we ?- I think that those "night" files can be podded with the complete aircraft if needed, but I haven't tested it yet ...Cheers,Laurent

Hi GuysTo everyone concerned......excellent results, these night textures will make a fantastic addition to Fly!Well done guysregardsJohn

Thanks a lot Laurent!It's a big improvement for aircraft designers and for all Fly!ers of course!!! Best of all: it seems very easy to use. It's likely we'll see more and more night liveries!All the best!Pascal